Question on MGW Orange

wlg101190

Established Member
What do you guys have the shifter handle seated at? I have mine way up on that little shaft, as I believe it might give more leverage. Is it better like this, or should I seat it a the way down until the stopping point on the shaft? Thanks!

Fat-cat

Established Member
I have mine seated... never really considered doing anything else with it. I have never had a problem the way i have it set.

wlg101190

Established Member
Hm, I might try it like that. Also, the MGW blue model (bolts on stock shifter) looks like it may be easier to shift? Maybe I am wrong, just curious though.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I have mine fully seated and around the 6:30 position.

The orange has the reach of the blue and the short throw of the red. I may have the colors swapped but that was the point; orange was supposed to combine the best reach with the short throw instead of having the two sep. handles.

wlg101190

Established Member
^Thanks for the information, much appreciated! Maybe I just need to seat my handle down a litle more, because I have it way up there.

Fat-cat

Established Member
yeah 8 is probably causing some Lateral pressure on the shift leaver and making it feel like shit...bring it back down to 6-630 and love life

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
If you want a shorter reach, checkity check this. It is kinda pricey, though. Fast Freddie's MGW Handle

ya, thats my biggest complaint of the mgw was the fact it shortened the reach of the shifter quite a bit versus stock. i hate the reach...these ford shifters are way to far forward for the seating position.

that "fastfreddie" product looks interesting, but no way at that price. i'll keep reaching for the mgw the way it is... :poke:

bmxer89

Established Member
ya, thats my biggest complaint of the mgw was the fact it shortened the reach of the shifter quite a bit versus stock. i hate the reach...these ford shifters are way to far forward for the seating position.

that "fastfreddie" product looks interesting, but no way at that price. i'll keep reaching for the mgw the way it is... :poke:

Yea i know i got a mgw and reaching for 3rd always sucks

Ralo

Established Member
I must be having a brain fart...what do you mean by 6:30? I would say mine is between 7 and 8 if you mean where the handle is located in relation to the shaft and mine is seated all the way down.

Users who are viewing this thread