Question on Market Value

04_Silver_Coupe

Established Member
In regards to a 2004 Cobra: If there are two identical cars on the market selling for the same price, with the sames miles and everything else was the same except one of the cars previouly was involved in a minor accident which one would you buy?

If you chose the non wrecked car how much of a discount would you expect the wrecked car to be discounted, if any, to be a comparable buy with the non wrecked car?

Let's say the minor accident caused $1,000 or less in damage.

jcobra

Established Member
I would only buy the one that wasnt wrecked. The dealer is gonna sell it for the same price accident or not.

sicboy

you talkin to me?
Established Member
1k in dammage is nothing. it would be all about the quality of the repair. it would always decreese the value some because factory paint is beter. i bought my 03 cobra new. it had been repaired from "lot damage" i paid 31k out the door. that is like a grand below invoice. msrp was 36 k i think. that would not happen on a used car i dont think. on new the dealer is required to disclose any prior repairs.

Last edited:

Red10thcv

Established Member
Was the accident reported?

If there was no accident report to police/insurance and the bill being only a grand, then I would say no harm no foul. Quality of Work is No. 1. If the job was done correct. I would go with either. Sorry about this for you guys, who are looking for that virgin car. Drive It to have FUN and don't care what the other person may say. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread