Question on Klearcote product

dezracer

I just ordred some and they sent me The Vanilla Moose hand Glaze and the Carnuba wax.I saw on their website that the Glaze was for removing scratches.But my Cobra is new (silver) with no scrathes.Are these the correct products I should be using? Thanks in advance.

02SonicBlueGT

Established Member
yeah, it does a good job on it... it'll make the paint really shiney and slick.. i wouldn't worry about it.

nugen

Established Member
I thought that the VM was abrasive free. Either way, I used it on my car when it was still only a month old and I was thrilled with the results. No worries!

O4COBRA

Established Member
Very minor abrassives. On another site that Spree and I are on, people swear by it on silver! SO you will be fine, and likely very please with the results!

Scott P

Established Member
Vanilla Moose does contain a very minor polishing component. It will not remove anything more than minor swirls. I'd start with SSR2 or 2.5, then go to Vanilla Moose. For silver, I'd actually go the the Four Star Trio of Ultimate Paint Cleanser, Ultimate Paint Protection and Ultimate Gloss Enhancer.

Go with SSR2, then the Four Star Trio for what I think will be the best look. The trio is more expensive than my other major kits, but I think it's the best option on light metallics. If you wanted to save a few bucks, the 1-2 Punch kit with EX-P as a topper would be an excellent choice.

I did a Bronzemist Metallic GP last weekend just to see what the Four Star stuff would look like.

Before:

driverbefore.jpg

And After:

driverafter.jpg

That was just one coat of UPP. The stuff gets nicer with each layer.

spree

Established Member
O4COBRA said:
people swear by it on silver!

I think people swear by VM on any color :lol:

Seriously, VM is great stuff. I've yet to come across someone disappointed by VM. But...since Scott is the man, I'd go with his recommendation :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread