question on HP twin turbo or KB 2.8H

Cobra_im

********* STAMPEDE
Established Member
Im saving some cashola, question is what do you guys think should I spend the extra $$ and get the HP twin turbo kit or the KB 2.8H, its not a race car but moslty street, and sometimes track. Im so fricken confused what to get Argggg.

:shrug:

GodStang

Established Member
If you want bragging rights and most top end go turbo. If you want the quick blast starting down low then go twin screw. Only you can decide what you want. Turbos are going to be about twice as much also.

Cobra_im

********* STAMPEDE
Established Member
thanks for the reply. My tuner gave me a quote of 20G I almost had a heart attack. that was for 900+ HP though with twin turbo. the thing is Im saving for a one time thing so Im either going to go twin turbo or KB 2.8H. I also have a 93 notch that I was going to turbo as well and I think having 2 cars is killing my desision (LOL).

Ltd10th03cobra

3.4 Whipple Crusher 22psi
Established Member
IMO turbos are going to be too costly. I went that route with my 89 and regretted it. A whipple or KB will be half the cost as stated. I absolutely love the low end torque compared to my turbo stang.

Totsie7944

Established Member
I think it really comes down to how much money you are comfortable spending and how much power you want to make. Personally I like the KB because your car will be plenty fast with it and it sounds badass. Do you have a goal with the car or are you just looking for a brag car?

Cobra_im

********* STAMPEDE
Established Member
Brag car but fun to drive. Like I said I do have a notch that I’m going to build for the strip it has 500rwhp now but I’m going to swap it from vortec to turbo on a 331 dart.

Here is my dilemma, I finally have a chance to save up some cash so I can afford either, but I do like everyone else like the brag factor of a twin turbo setup on my cobra, and I do like the fact that I already have LFP cooler, and box, 60lb injectors with harness, Accufab bigmouth TB, KB Boost-A-Pump, and SCT BA2400 MAF. If I get the KB 2.8H all I have to do is install the Supercharger hat then all this stuff, and then tune it. From what HP tells me is I can use all this on his turbo kit which is sweet because I like how they go behind the bumper and are out of site.

I’m also looking at future investments because I’m keeping the car until the doors fall off (LOL) and you know how we all are when we get used to a certain amount of HP we want more. Right now I have 500 rwhp on it and it seems slow to me. I’m deployed right now and I return this summer so I have been saving so I really want to make the wisest decision I can, because I’m getting out of the military and won’t have a chance to save this much for awhile.

2nd issue guys is I have a 93 Notch with a 306 vortec making 500rwhp/500rwtq, I race this one as a street/strip car and the stock block with all forged internals is maxed out so now I need a dart block, the build on this one I was thinking on doing a 331 with a DART block and selling the current setup I have now and replacing the vortec with after cooler with a hellion turbo kit on it. This one is already setup for drag. I think my problem is I have 2 cars I’m trying to deal with I love my cobra and have always wanted to either turbo it or KB it prior to doing anything with the notch, SO you guys that have had experience with both please speak up and let me know your honest opinion, I know turbos make great power, as well as turbos, but always heard that turbos can make more power with less Boost and strain on the motor. I just want to have the option down the road if I want more HP I have the option to do so without changing the entire set up

Last edited:

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
I think you should also consider the 3.4 Whipple if you're planning to do any work to the heads and the block. :rockon:

For a long time I pondered over going with a KB 2.6 or a Whipple 2.3. I was leaning toward the Whipple (due to better customer service plus a lot more of them have been installed) but when they recently announced the new generation Whipples that were more efficient (+ 2 psi), that sealed the deal. I'll be getting the Whipple sometime in the next few months...:beer:

Last edited:

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
:lol:That's what I was going to say, you could buy a 3.4 whipple, and a block to handle it.

Users who are viewing this thread