Question on full length sub frame install

10thVert

Established Member
I need some help from those of you who have full length MM sub frame connectors installed. I have a convertible . I see in the instructions some comments about moving the carpet before welding. What is involved with this and what did you do to prevent the carpet from being burned during the install? Much work involved? Thanks in advance for any help. I plan to have them installed by a local performance shop.

xneric

RickyRacer
Established Member
I'm having my MM full lengths welded in this week. I checked with MM to see if the carpets need to be protected and they said no. Also people on this forum said it's not necessary either. If you see smoke coming from Oregon on Thursday they were wrong! I have the MM instructions right in front of me and there is no reference to the carpeting that I can see. Eric

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
Just MAKE sure it is done on a drive on rack. The wheels need to be under load for the proper install. Especially on a VERT.

Fang

Established Member
Just did them this last Sunday. No carpet moving and a lot easier than the directions make it. They are just trying to give you a lot to work with on the pictures. Goes in pretty easy just a lot of time to weld. I have a post up with pictures I will do a reply to it put it on the front page.

10thVert

Established Member
Thanks for the input. Also found a current post complete with pictures of the install on a vert. I am good to go. Also plan to install Steeda cat back at same time.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Cat back on the lift will be 15 min when in the air. Will take you longer to unpackage the cat back.

As far as the subs just make sure like everyone said its on the wheels when welded.

Where did you buy your vert? is it black and from Air Lake

Last edited:

71stang99

Established Member
I was thinking about doing this, did what did you guys do with the factory bolted in braces? thanks

Fang

Established Member
Originally posted by 71stang99
I was thinking about doing this, did what did you guys do with the factory bolted in braces? thanks

I left them at the shop. Not on purpose just forgot. I need to get them back. I like to keep all my stock stuff. Not that I could ever put them back on or anything.

10thVert

Established Member
I got my Vert at Apple Valley Ford. It is a Torch Red 10th Anniversary Cobra. This is my second supercharged Cobra. First was a 1996 Mystic Cobra with a Kenne-Bell. Thanks for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread