Question on Fuel Pump Voltage booster

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
Hi team VMP,

i was looking through the different fuel pump voltage boosters you have and have a question on which one to pick.

Currently my setup is as follows:

2013 5.8L Trinity Engine (stock as of today)
2010-12 dual fuel pumps (as I did not swap the fuel tank, I was limited to the 10-12 GT500 pumps)
2011-2014 FPDMs

I assume this setup is OK for stock, but I will sooner or later start doing some mods and I am not sure if it can sustain this.
Now you guys list a couple of different options. Do I need to go with the 2011-12 voltage booster or the 13/14 one?

Many Thanks,

LEXiiON

VNMOUS1

Established Member
What year is your car? If you're running the 13/14 pcm you need the dual setup. You don't need this for stock at all. It's designed for modified cars. We are over 825 on a 14 gt500 with them and ID1000s for e85

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
What year is your car? If you're running the 13/14 pcm you need the dual setup. You don't need this for stock at all. It's designed for modified cars. We are over 825 on a 14 gt500 with them and ID1000s for e85

Well, I guess the year of the body is not helpful in this case. I run a 13/14 PCM with the 11/12 pumps....Hence the question, if I remember correctly the 13/14 pumps are flowing more?

Thanks,

LEXiiON

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
You need two.

So basically this one:

vmpamppnp2.jpg

Thanks,

LEXiiON

kwhodson

Established Member
Vmp dual plug n play fuel pump voltage booster 40amp 07-10 gt500

2007 GT500 with a CAI, 2.5 pulley, VMP 67mm throttle, larger elbow and off road H pipe. Do I need the VMP fuel pump booster at this stage? If so, do I need injectors also?

VNMOUS1

Established Member
2007 GT500 with a CAI, 2.5 pulley, VMP 67mm throttle, larger elbow and off road H pipe. Do I need the VMP fuel pump booster at this stage? If so, do I need injectors also?

Stock blower...probably not. I'd want to see a datalog.

GEN II TVS?

Injectors, absolutely. 56# minimum. VMP Plug and Play fuel pump booster....very likely. If you do both, spec the 2.40" pulley

kwhodson

Established Member
Changed direction after asking the questions above as I bought a 2013 Trinity TVS that's on its way so need some help with my 2007 GT500. Currently has the VMP 67MM throttle body, Steeda CAI, 55# injectors, TR6 plugs and VMP 90MM idler pulley.

Questions:
1) I am assuming that based on the above response from VNMOUS1 I need to order the VMP plug and play BAP?
2) What size blower pulley should I run?
3) When I change the pulley will the stock size belt work with the trinity and the 90MM idler?
4) Is the JLT 123MM CAI any better than the Steeda? If so, is there a better CAI than JLT?
5) Do I need to upgrade the stock MAF?
6) I assume I need the EVAP adaptor from VMP?
7) Am I missing anything?

Any help would be appreciated so I can get this stuff ordered tomorrow..

Thanks,
Ken

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Changed direction after asking the questions above as I bought a 2013 Trinity TVS that's on its way so need some help with my 2007 GT500. Currently has the VMP 67MM throttle body, Steeda CAI, 55# injectors, TR6 plugs and VMP 90MM idler pulley.

Questions:
1) I am assuming that based on the above response from VNMOUS1 I need to order the VMP plug and play BAP?
2) What size blower pulley should I run?
3) When I change the pulley will the stock size belt work with the trinity and the 90MM idler?
4) Is the JLT 123MM CAI any better than the Steeda? If so, is there a better CAI than JLT?
5) Do I need to upgrade the stock MAF?
6) I assume I need the EVAP adaptor from VMP?
7) Am I missing anything?

Any help would be appreciated so I can get this stuff ordered tomorrow..

Thanks,
Ken

Stock 13-14 pulley? No need for booster if you run the 56# injectors with that 2.67". But, if you go smaller you 'll want the fuel pump boosters.

1). See above
2) I'd run a 2.50" and use the boosters and 56s
3) Probably. We'd suggest an 83-ish long belt with a 2.40-2.50, 90mm and stock lower
4) I prefer the JLT if you're talking about their 123 vs the steeda 130. The steeda 113-115 is too small
5) The sensor itself? No. Stock is fine
6) http://www.vmpperformance.com/product-p/evap-tube.htm
7) See you later for a clutch :)

Always best to reach us directly rather than here. We see it a lot sooner. http://www.vmpperformance.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=441

bj

Users who are viewing this thread