Question on front strut/spring swap

texaswrx

Established Member
I have the following for the front-
Koni STR
GT500 Style Strut Mount
Eibach pro kit spring.

Is there anything (isolaters,bump stops) that I have to get off the stock set up? Or, can I just assemble my set up and install? Thanks.

JP

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
I have the following for the front-
Koni STR
GT500 Style Strut Mount
Eibach pro kit spring.

Is there anything (isolaters,bump stops) that I have to get off the stock set up? Or, can I just assemble my set up and install? Thanks.

JP

your all set, may wanna pick up a panhard bar eventually, but you should be ok with stock bump stops.

texaswrx

Established Member
Thanks. Looked at the BMR panhard bar as well. I will see how the rear does after I install everything. The pro kit is a moderate drop, so I'm not too worried.

99mstng

Established Member
Dust boot too I think . . . haven't done yet but will be soon and thats what I've read.

sloppymax

Established Member
I have not seen the Eibachs but I would move over the isolators from the OEM springs, if they are not on the Eibachs already.

2012GTCS

Established Member
Dust boot too I think . . . haven't done yet but will be soon and thats what I've read.

BOOM, you're gonna need the dust boots as well unless you will have to break down the factory assembly and transfer it over.
Jounce Bumpers (bumpstops) and the dust boots will need to be transferred over or bought new. I didn't realize I needs the DB till a few days ago...

Anyone know the part number for factory dust boots on an 11-12?!?!

99mstng

Established Member
I bet its part of the strut - would be surprised if its available separate as the bump stops are only available separate through the SVT kit.

Users who are viewing this thread