Question On CW Billet Install....."Ridethe where are you?"

bird_jenkins8

The Demon
Established Member
So I picked up some black CW billet grilles a couple weeks back and had a question on the upper install......How many of you guys cut the tabs out to make the grille fit properly? I didn't like the fitment with the tabs in the upper grille from the stock grille. It was getting dark so I put the stock grille back in and am contemplating just selling the pair now.......any advice is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance

It also seemed like with the tabs in I couldn't get the grille to line up properly to install the rivets.......

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
The CW grilles are a complete pain in the ass to install. I had to trim down the upper grille bars top and bottom to get them to fit in the grille surround without spreading open the surround. You need to trim down the tabs and then drill the rivet holes out more since you are making the tabs shorter. Just lay the surround down on the ground and keep trimming until the grille sits in the opening. I also needed to bend the grille sort of to get it to fit surround correctly. Once it's shaped mark the surround all the way around the tabs and drill a pilot hole in the center of the mark for the rivet location.

It does take some work and I found it looked better if you shave down the extra grille mounting tabs. When it's done it looks killer so it is worth the hassle.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread