Question on color, please help

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
i got a silver 03 cobra, what i wanna know is it metalic silver or satin silver? is there anyway i can tell?

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
There is a sticker located in the Drivers side door jam area of the door itself, it should give you the paint code.

I don't know what Ford officially called the silver cars in the sales flyers, but it is a metallic silver if you ask me.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
aright i'll have to go check that out in a minute, yea the more i look at it i think it might be satin but what the hell do i know

PLATIADO

Established Member
I'm noy sure but i think they made two silvers the early runs were satin silver the later runs were more of a metallic had more shine to it. The only reason i'm saying this because my friends silver cobra looks more flat satin, Mine has more mettalic and shine to it. My car was a late run, Can anybody correct me if i'm wrong

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
yep you are right, i was just lookin at a site and it said on the early early runs they discontinued the satin silver and then went with the metallic silver. my cars paint code says YN which converts to metalic silver. i clicked out of the site but do a google search on 03 cobra paint code and it's like the 2nd one down i think and it should be there. i would do it but my comp sux at work lol. oh btw your satin silver is the rarest colors for cobra's, including mystichromes which is pretty sick IMO, nice luck there.

Users who are viewing this thread