question on cleaning PP rims

huggytree

Established Member
when you wash the rims the brakes get wet and rust instantly...i know this is what brembo brakes do

my problem is all that rust flakes off all over my freshly detailed rims

today after washing i drove up/down the driveway 2x and then went back to detailing them AGAIN to clean all the orange flakes off

is this just part of having black rims?

how do you handle it?

also because i cant get into the back side of the rims all the water drops splash all over the clean side....i need to use a leaf blower or something before i drive the car.....you need to detail the rims over and over to make them look perfect

Last edited:

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Leaf blower works great! I'm going to buy a couple of the foam paint brushes to help clean the wheels.

Eviltwins344

Creepy Lurker
Established Member
Leaf blower works great! I'm going to buy a couple of the foam paint brushes to help clean the wheels.

Ditto......I grabbed an old gas powered leaf blower, ripped the impeller and air ducting apart. Cleaned it really good and labeled it for my car use only. It will blast all the water out of all the crevasses and jams in no time at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

lvxlr8n

Established Member
I have a battery powered leaf blower, or if you have an air compressor you can use the air hose with attachment

svt 500

Established Member
Same here. Leaf blower but I always drive it after drying everything down and it still seems to get little spots on the wheels. I just take a damp cloth and go back over them. The first 2 miles afterwards, they have dust all over them again so there is no hope. :rolling:

Snoopy49

Established Member
I also use an electric leaf blower.
CAUTION:
Most of the leaf blowers also have a metal impeller on the bottom of the blower housing that is used as a leaf mulcher when in the vacuum bagger mode. Be careful, I wasn't paying attention and it tried to eat my shirt. Luckily the only damage done was to the bottom snap button on the shirt, it was completely ripped off the shirt and ejected out of the blower nozzle at about 120 mph. Thankfully the nozzle was not pointed at the car and the metal button got launched out onto the street and not at my car.

Myfast70

Established Member
You can go to Home Depot and get the red 235 mph Toro electric blower for $75 or the black 230 for $56

Users who are viewing this thread