Question on changing the Electric water pump for the blower 2013 GT500...

Missyandrob2005

Established Member
My factory pump seems to have gone out while doing some spirited driving. Sprayed coolant out of the hood vent all over my windshield. Pop the hood while the car is running and no movement of water in the small tank for the blower. I ordered and received a new one from Ford racing and am going to install myself. I just would like a heads up from anyone that's changed one out yet. I'm not even sure where it's located on the car now LOL. Thanks in advance...

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
The intercooler pump?
Mounts to stock timing cover in front of driver side cylinder head.
-J

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Unless I'm mistaken, FRPP doesn't sell the '13-'14 intercooler pump. They sell the earlier GT500 pump (also used on the Lightning and '03-'04 Cobra) which is incompatible with your vehicle. What is the part number on the box for the pump you purchased?

Breitling

Established Member
Just FYI, I remember a post a while back about a guy that had a similar experience: spirited driving and the engine sprayed coolant all over the engine and on his windshield. Turned out that nothing was broken or wrong with the engine; it was a loose hose clamp on one of the coolant lines. Under pressure, the hose clamp failed and the hose popped off spraying coolant everywhere. He mentioned to guys on this site to use a screw clamp as a replacement to the factory spring-type clamp.

I just wanted to bring this to your attention in case you have the same issue.

Hope this helps,
E

Missyandrob2005

Established Member
Fluid is not low in the tank. I see zero movement of coolant. After driving the car VERY easily, no boost whatsoever, I can smell coolant cooking. Nothing spraying out since that first time. The pump is part number M -8501-MSVT. I will change the clamps while I'm in there just to be sure.

Snoopy49

Established Member
2013-14 GT500 Intercooler and pump.
DR3Z-8501-A AUX PUMP 5.8 LITER $399.25 $275.48 Tasca

2013 GT500 SC Intercoolerand Pump.jpg

Last edited:

Missyandrob2005

Established Member
Yeah I figured as much. Have to send it back. Started messing around with it tonight. Pulled the fuse and the relay and swapped them with others, still dead. Tried the jumper wire with the relay out, still dead. Put the fuse box back together, jiggled the wires down by the pump itself and now it's flowing. I can actually see it moving coolant now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qazE8Ky7SlY

Users who are viewing this thread