Question on boost after X-pipe / catback installation

Venom Lover

Established Member
I'm back in the saddle again, with an '04 convertible. I really missed this car since I sold my '03 coupe a year and a half ago. I bought my '04 stock 2 weekends ago and installed Bassani X-pipe and catback this weekend.

My question is this: I was running near 10 PSI boost in all gears before the exhaust mod (boost would max out on the little tick mark just below the big red tick mark on the boost gauge). After the exhaust change, I run slightly lower boost even at WOT in 1st and 2nd gears. In 3rd and 4th, it still runs close to the same boost as before. So, is something f***ed up, or is this normal?

On my '03, I put on Bassani X and Borla catback, and I don't recall this issue (though I tried the deleted cats and noticed lower boost, but seemed to run at full boost with the high-flow cats in). So, I assumed it was something the O2 sensor was seeing that caused the engine management system to run differently. Is that what's happening here? If so, should I be concerned or is this normal?

For what it's worth, the car pulls like a mofo, but then it did stock as well. About the same as my '03. I guess I'll dyno it to see (though that's 4th gear where the boost seems the same as before.....).

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread