Question on an engine bay part?

nikkodnp

Established Member
Okay, so this has started happening recently and I am now confused. I am starting to hear this (for lack of simpler word) farting noise coming from the engine bay after i turn off the car. I had a buddy of mines shut off the engine while I try to pinpoint the location and i figured out where it is.

Using the picture, i thought it was #1 or #2 called the Thermactor Air Bypass/Diverter but apparently those two are underneath what is making the noise. So what i want to do is replace this part but I am not sure what is the name. Anybody know?

If it helps, the part has a little cap that is removable and underneath is some sort of foam filter covering a valve of some sort.

50enginepartsguide.jpg

Thanks!

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Are you sure maybe one of the thermactor hoses just does not have a hole in it?

nikkodnp

Established Member
Yeah, i considered that also. But if i remove the plastic cover and put my finger on the valve, the noise stops - which means it must be leaking irregularly from there.

nikkodnp

Established Member
Turns out it was the egr vacuum solenoid.
"With the help of an EGR vacuum solenoid, some of the exhaust gas is returned to the intake manifold to be reused in the combustion process. A bad solenoid does not only mean harmful emissions. A faulty regulator may lead to poor acceleration, a rough ride, or an engine stall"

Users who are viewing this thread