Question on Alternator pulley

booricua

A JODER
Established Member
I am running a 4 lb lower and 2.8 upper on my terminator will this be the right pulley I need to order. My battery light comes on after 3500RPM and stays on . On imitial star my voltage over 13.5 but as I drive the car and it warms up it drops below 13 amps.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/pa...bra-alternator-pulley-2-4lb-lower-pulley.html

Also what size of belt do I need is this pulley bigger than stock

need some help here:??:

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
That would be the correct pulley, but the alternator may already be damaged and need replacing. This whole time, your alternator has been spinning faster than it was built to do, this damages the alternators. I would first get the alternator tested and then if you need a new one, install the 3.2" pulley to correct the alternators RPM.

booricua

A JODER
Established Member
Well I need to order onewill order the pulley today not sure what belt size. looking at the belt selection guide I think the k080797 will work any ideas where to get the alt from. If I have to order one I rather upgrade to more than 110AMP

I just tried to order it but I am station Overseas. My APO address is a state side address thereis no duty fees or taxes however the website will not let me continue with the check out?

Last edited:

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Well I need to order onewill order the pulley today not sure what belt size. looking at the belt selection guide I think the k080797 will work any ideas where to get the alt from. If I have to order one I rather upgrade to more than 110AMP

I just tried to order it but I am station Overseas. My APO address is a state side address thereis no duty fees or taxes however the website will not let me continue with the check out?

Our site won't allow you to checkout with an APO address because it can't properly calculate shipping cost to APO addresses. We do however ship to APO's on a daily basis. If you would like to place the order please either call the order in, do it on our livehelp during normal business hours so that we can properly quote your shipping costs.

Thanks for the support. Jared

grubbinator

Finally a Cobra *****
Established Member
I've hear you need a different pulley on the alternator if you've increased the boost on an 03/04 Cobra. What pulley do I need in order to slow down the alternator if I have replaced the factory upper pulley with a 2.81? Also what belt size will I need? Mine is about to die, and I'd prefer to change it once. Thanks!

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
You only need to change the alternator pulley if you increase the diameter of the crank pulley. If you have just a 2.81" upper, no alternator pulley is needed. If the alternator is getting weak, you may just need to have it tested and replaced, it happens.

Users who are viewing this thread