Question for you..

SBTerminator

Established Member
I have a question. I popped the cover on my shifter and it looks like it's a stock unit. The one day I had it out, when driving "normal" I had really no issues, but it's not like my Pro 5.0 in the 91. But when I jumped on it, and tried to slap into 2nd gear, it almost felt like it "grinded" into gear. Was hard, but I felt it in the shifter. Still went it, but not smooth at all. :eek:Only going into second gear is when I noticed it. Happened a few times, I wanted to make sure I didn't just imagine it. I used the clutch, and not sure if it's the shifter, the adjustable firewall clutch quadrant or what?? Any ideas? :shrug:

hoofbeat

Established Member
:beer:MGW is the one you will here as the best. Problen i had with stk. shifter was 2nd to 3rd. Put in a Pro 5.0 and took care of any shifting problems. MGW was not available back on 02,but i am very happy with the Pro 5.0. A firewall adj.is also a great idea .If you change the shifter its a good time to change the fluid. I used GM synmesh ,made it alittle bit smoother.

hoofbeat

Established Member
Do a search in the how to section on how to adjust adjust your clutch. If it shifts normal when just driving normal but hangs up when power shifting or speed shifting it is probably a combo of shifter and adjuster.i would guess 90% of 03/04 Cobra owners have changed one or both of these two upgrades. By the way my wife was a jump on the band wagon partner when i bought my 03.

SBTerminator

Established Member
Thanks Hoofbeat. I'll search now !!! BTW, I tried the adjustment where you put the car in first gear, of course when off, and tried to pull up on the clutch pedal until it clicks, but it never clicked.... I thought if I pulled any more/harder, I was going to pull the damn pedal off!

Users who are viewing this thread