Question for Tri-Ax People

DSG03Snake

Established Member
Gonna change my handle position to the shorter throw today, and it brought a question to my mind. Did most of you leave the inner rubber boot on when you installed your tri-ax, or left it off.

I left mine on and I think that might be part of the reason my shifting isnt as smooth as I would like.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Yeah, you should remove the smaller inner rubber boot. It can get the shifter into a bind.

DSG03Snake

Established Member
Damn. Went 2000 miles like that too, no wonder I wasn't a big fan. Then again that would explain why I didn't have the same noise complaints either :p

nj7703

Established Member
I put the boot back on mine, did not notice a difference in feel, but do notice less heat coming thru the handle, as well as less general tranny noise.

BLK_03

Established Member
I have tried it with the boot on and off and it just doens't seem to feel right. There is just something about that shifter that I do not care for. It seems like I have more trouble hitting third than I did with the stock shifter.:bash: Maybe it is a stock firewall adjuster/quadrant issue... When the time comes and I am happy with the performance of the car (probably never), I will switch to a pro 5.0.

ALA G8R

Banned
The Triax is intended to work with the inner rubber boot. It cuts down on tranny noise. Mine is installed with the short handle setting. No problems shifting.

Capt. Howdy

Banned
left the 2nd rubber boot off handle installed in lowest position I can hear a little more noise from tranny but the shifter works fine just be shure to use the stainless washer on the handle to keep the leather boot from binding.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Mine is on and I have no problems with mine. The tranny noise isn't really that bad either.

Users who are viewing this thread