Question for those with Koni SRT shocks...

TurboX2

Established Member
Just got done installing a set of used Koni SRT struts and shocks, haven't driven it yet as it's still up in the air to get my Whiteline brackets in.. Question is this, the Koni shocks compressed much more easily than the stock shocks by hand, is that normal for them or are these possibly shot?

helli217

Established Member
Mine did also. I always work them a little as a pre-install inspection, and they seemed to compress alot easier. The damping is still increased over stock. Just because you can slowly depress a shock easier than another, doesn't mean the quick transition damping is as easy. If you look at the specs, they are a slight increase in damping over OEM struts, which I firmly believe. I love them, the ride on these and BMR springs is excellent. Less bouncy than stock over small stuff, but more damping/rebound in the twisties and over large bumps/transitions.

TurboX2

Established Member
Have had them in for a while now and the handling improvement is nice, but there's too much front end harshness on bad roads for me (often have kids/wife on board). Might try Steeda Pro Action if I believe they will have better street manners. Thanks for the input...

bullet3z

Established Member
Any more info about these or opinions? Was thinking of trying the Steeda Sport springs with a set of the SRT's? I am trying to make the 13 handle better without breaking the bank.

TurboX2

Established Member
I'll add some more for ya.. They will provide a really nice handling improvement, the first time I autocrossed last year with the stock struts/shocks the car felt like it flopped all over the place (with Steeda Ultralights already in place), now the couple of times I've gone this year it feels very well controlled and balanced. I was being overly picky about the ride/noise since I drive a lot with wife and 6 an 8 year olds on board, when it's just me I don't have a problem with it. Yes, I wish there was less noise (tire thump) over cracks and expansion joints, but then again I'm 43 and pickier than I used to be....the vast majority would have no problem with it.

50blackout

Established Member
Ive heard Bilsteins are comfortable and have good compression and rebound for a DD who wants a little more out of their car. they sure are expensive but they are suppose to never go bad from what I have read.

helli217

Established Member
My review includes BMR springs with these struts...I can't speak for the Steeda springs which I know have somewhat heavier rates. These struts with the BMR SP0009 are most definitely not rough at all. IMO. All that is subjective anyway, but I can't stand cars that ride harsh. They seem fine for me.

Users who are viewing this thread