Question for those with Custom Car Grills inserts

inyadreems

Established Member
Having an issue with the lower grill, I installed 4 tabs utilizing the double sided tape, 1 on each side and 2 on the bottom. This is the second time 2 of the tabs have come off and the grill is cockeyed. Has anyone found a good mounting solution? Did you find another location to strap the wire ties to? Looks like there might be a section of the inner front fascia that I can loop a wire tie around and skip the mounting tabs, but I need to take everything apart again to see if that is possible. Did you screw the 2 lower tabs into the fascia somehow and if so how did you get an angle drill to fit?

Mysstic96

Established Member
Go to Lowe's or Home Depot and buy more of the black mounting tabs in the same isle as the zip ties. I ended up using more than what came in the kit and haven't had any issue.

inyadreems

Established Member
Did you use the double sided tape or screw the tabs in? It was fine for a couple of months but now the tabs keep popping off?

TORQJNKY

Don't use those worthless double sided tabs. They will keep popping off. Tie wrap it to some existing tabs. Here are a couple of pictures.

IMAG1379.jpg

IMAG1378.jpg

inyadreems

Established Member
Don't use those worthless double sided tabs. They will keep popping off. Tie wrap it to some existing tabs. Here are a couple of pictures.

IMAG1379.jpg

IMAG1378.jpg

Perfect! Did you have to drill holes in those tabs or they were there already. I don't remember when I was doin the install.

Derek5774

Established Member
the stick tabs that the grills come with don't stay on
I had to tie wrap to whatever I could, and drilled some small holes on the inside to pass the tie wraps through

Users who are viewing this thread