Question for those with built motors...

COBRASVT

Established Member
Are any of them noisy?

I have JE spherical dish forged pistons and Total Seal rings. They did hit the cylinders .003 after the last tear down... The engine just seems a little noisy to me.

Maybe this is normal... really want to hear form those that have had rebuilds themselves.

Thanks guys....

ej

btw...I'm gonna take some video of it later...let you guys here....

Last edited:

diablostang

Established Member
Mine was built by Hamilton Clarke Motorsports, and the motor itself has no more noise than a stocker.

mystical

Established Member
Is it noisy at startup, when cold, hot, all the time? What was the p-w clearance set at?

fourvalvegt

Established Member
a lot of the forged pistons will cause a noise because they expand at different rates than the block so in the morning when its cold you will have piston slap for a few minutes, a lot of the 03 04 cobras have this problem because there was no offset in the wrist pin. a lot of the manufacturers acknowledged this and put an offset in them and thats why a lot have arrows pointing toward the front

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
my motor has the absolutely slightest dieseling (piston slap) when stone cold, but its so minor that you can't hear it with the hood closed.

My old motor really did make a bunch of noise.

COBRASVT

Established Member
9cobrastang7 said:
It is more than likely just piston slap... That is if the noise is only when the motor is cold.
I wish, but this is all the time..no matter the temp.

blk96SVT

Established Member
Mine has some piston slap on cold starts, but goes away after warm up. It has a bit more noise I think than the stock motor, but that was so long ago and my Novi is loud so it doesn't really matter

Users who are viewing this thread