Question for those that have the Stifflers FIT System installed

rccg94

Established Member
I'm really leaning towards the FIT system for my '03 Vert. I had Steeda FLSCs on my last GT vert and they were great. I'm not looking to re-hash what FLSCs are best, etc., as there are a ton of threads and valid opinions out there. Instead, I have a question on the actual install of the jacking rails.

My question is, what happens to the plastic "push pins" that keep the bottom of the rocker panel moldings in place? I have searched as many pics as I could find and I see that the jacking rails are flush with inside of the rocker and all looks normal but there is no way I can see that the existing plastic pins can be re-inserted fully after rail install.

Can anyone that already has them installed tell me what you did and/or what now holds the molding from flopping around (OK, maybe not "flopping" but definitely not attached the way it was originally).

Thanks and of course, any pics if you have the time are always welcome. If this should have been in the "how-to", my apologies up front.

Pic I found that looks great but does not tell me much..

Stiffler_Rail.PNG

94slowbra1

Established Member
what ^^^ said. the jacking rail comes with holes that need to be lined up with the pinch weld. plastic push pins go back like stock
i have the whole stifflers system installed on my vert, very nice upgrade

keith89

Established Member
I've been following these stifflers for a while and have been on the fence about adding stiffening rails and web brace to my steeda full length subframe connectors. However, I have a trunk mount intercooler tank and a return fuel system, so i have hoses running under the car where the web brace would go. Any idea how much space there is between the web brace and the bottom of the car?

94slowbra1

Established Member
I run my 8an feed and return lines between the web bracing and the body. Actually works out quite well because it protects it and holds it up. My only issue was mounting the fuel filter, there is just enough room towards the front of the car to mount it. No other issues

rccg94

Established Member
Awesome, thanks for the info and the pic! I ordered yesterday and will be installing an a few weeks. I'll post some pics once done.

OldYeller

Established Member
Premium Member
what ^^^ said. the jacking rail comes with holes that need to be lined up with the pinch weld. plastic push pins go back like stock
i have the whole stifflers system installed on my vert, very nice upgrade

Did you run the spider brace as well? If so did you just leave the factory k member brace from the vert off? I have the full kit sitting in the garage and was under the impression the factory brace still fit with their spider brace kit/k member brace which it does not.

94slowbra1

Established Member
I pulled the factory vert brace. I honestly don't know if it would fit with their spider and k-member brace. I'm all about bracing (obviously), but there is a point where it's just adding weight. My chassis is plenty rigid with all of their pieces so I don't feel like I'm missing anything by removing it

Users who are viewing this thread