Question for the Wheel Experts: Offset on Custome Wheels?

SoCalSnake

Established Member
For the wheel experts out there,

Im considering purchasing custom wheels for my snake.

I currently have 18" AFS Replicas Fr and RR. I believe the offset on the rear 18x10.5 AFS is 27mm. Im running an 1/4 inch spacers for the rears.

If you were to have a custom wheel made with the IDEAL offset, what would it be. The wheels im considering are 18x10 on the rear.

If you know what the IDEAL offset for the front 18x9, please include that as well.

Thank you in advance for any info.

SoCalSnake

venomous99

Established Member
the 9" wide is pretty trivial. check out what the saleens and cobra wheels are running.
if you choose to go w/ 10.5" wide wheels id recommend going w/ a 22mm offset which should push the wheel out enough to clear the IRS bracket w/out having to use a spacer.
if you check out the 10.5" wide SSR GT3's they're also 22mm. those running these wheels are able to use 315s w/ no spacer.
i recently purchased 19x10.5" wheels and should have them on later this week. ill post pics then.
the difference between 27mm and 22mm offsets is about 1/4", which makes sense since you said you had to use a 1/4" spacer on ur 27mm wheels.
HTP

SoCalSnake

Established Member
Originally posted by venomous99
the 9" wide is pretty trivial. check out what the saleens and cobra wheels are running.
if you choose to go w/ 10.5" wide wheels id recommend going w/ a 22mm offset which should push the wheel out enough to clear the IRS bracket w/out having to use a spacer.
if you check out the 10.5" wide SSR GT3's they're also 22mm. those running these wheels are able to use 315s w/ no spacer.
i recently purchased 19x10.5" wheels and should have them on later this week. ill post pics then.
the difference between 27mm and 22mm offsets is about 1/4", which makes sense since you said you had to use a 1/4" spacer on ur 27mm wheels.
HTP

Thanks for the info.

22 it is then...

socalsnake

94rx7turbo

Established Member
so he should get the rears in 22mm offest??? wont that scrape the fender though???

its also a really big lip!

venomous99

Established Member
22mm offset will work.
a 2003 AFS cobra 10.5" wide wheel has a 27mm offset so there is a 5mm difference.
5mm = 1/5" difference bringing the wheel out, which is roughly equivalent to using a 1/4" spacer on a cobra wheel to clear the IRS bracket.

predator

Established Member
I was looking at CCWs in my future. Those wheels will fit some big tires with no problems. No hits, no rubs and no spacers. Plenty of pics from others who have them on this site. The specs I have for these are.....

(F) 18x9.5 bs= 6.25" offset=25mm
(R) 18x11 bs=6.75" offset=19mm

Last edited:

venomous99

Established Member
the CCW 11s ive seen tend to put the wheel out too far, almost to the point that they stick out. this was the case w/ the car ive seen w/ 335s. personally i would go w/ 315s max, which is what i will eventually do w/ the racing hart 19x10.5s i have coming.

SoCalSnake

Established Member
Originally posted by venomous99
the CCW 11s ive seen tend to put the wheel out too far, almost to the point that they stick out. this was the case w/ the car ive seen w/ 335s. personally i would go w/ 315s max, which is what i will eventually do w/ the racing hart 19x10.5s i have coming.

I was also considering the Racing Hart C4 Multipiece. Its a beautiful wheel, but i think it was a little heavir than i anticipated.

Im trying to shave as much weight off the Snake b4 adding the Whipple.

I liked the BBK LMs (too expensive), Champion Motorsports mesh wheels (only for Porshces and too expensive, the RH C4s, the mesh wheel by Maya (too heavy)....so I narrowed it down to the Volk SF Winning and Volk GT-U.

Im going with the 18" Volk GT-U...should look good, but not as good as your 19s will look.

The Volks were light at 21+ lbs for the 18"x10" wheels.

Post pics of those bada** Racing Harts...they will no doubt look sick!

SoCalSnake

venomous99

Established Member
socalsnake,
i figure an extra few lbs will not make a difference for my use of the car since i dont race at all.
CCWs are nice but i just dont like how they have the lip taper in towards the face, making the wheel look smaller than it actually is.
racing harts, volks, hre, dronnel wheels etc all have that reverse dish design allowing for that fat straight lip.
i purchased the wheels off a guy in socal through ebay. ive posted pics of his car before...here they are:
cant wait for them to arrive and see how they look on a sonic blue. sorry to hijack this thread
d3_12_s.JPG

be_12_s.JPG

49_12_s.JPG

a0_12_s.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread