Question For The VMP Gen II Guys/Gals

phfelts

Established Member
So I've seen the articles talking about the dyne gains for the Gen II TVS for GT500s, but have any of you coyote guys made the switch? I've been thinking about finally getting a power adder at some point in the next few months, and I'm really curious what sort of power people are making on the 85/82mm pulleys on 91 octane. I'm really not trying to push my motor too hard since the car will be my DD for the foreseeable future. I'm just running and O/R X-pipe and axle-backs right now, no plans for headers unless I decide to build the motor. Thanks for any info you guys can share! :coolman:

phfelts

Established Member
What sort of tune did you get, email or dyne tune? Is the 79mm pulley the smallest you can "safely" run on 91 octane?

prn1972

Established Member
There is a guy on a Coyote Facebook page that switched the case only. He made 30whp 30wtq with just the gen 2 case, no other changes.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
There is a guy on a Coyote Facebook page that switched the case only. He made 30whp 30wtq with just the gen 2 case, no other changes.

How much boost was he running? Was it a apples to aples comparison? Same fuel & pulley? I thought the case only made a difference in upper boost levels, say 12+psi.

I know someone that was running 16 psi in a gen 1 case last year & changing to a gen 2 with same pulley for next year. I'm curious to see what it does.

A 79mm pulley seems a little aggressive for 91 octane, unless a stock air box was used.

Last edited:

prn1972

Established Member
How much boost was he running? Was it a apples to aples comparison? Same fuel & pulley? I thought the case only made a difference in upper boost levels, say 12+psi.

I know someone that was running 16 psi in a gen 1 case last year & changing to a gen 2 with same pulley for next year. I'm curious to see what it does.

A 79mm pulley seems a little aggressive for 91 octane, unless a stock air box was used.
Not sure about the boost...it was apples to apples...no changes or tune, case only....

Here is his dyno sheet...
8e5456a5b8fb4c5e3dcf9de21677e416.jpg

Blue was pervious setup...Red is Gen 2 case only...Green is Gen 2 case & he added a VMP 67mm throttle body....he is on E85 & at high altitude...his uncorrected numbers are around 700whp....but he did gain about 30whp/30wtq with a Gen 2 case only swap.

mackdog2008

Established Member
What sort of tune did you get, email or dyne tune? Is the 79mm pulley the smallest you can "safely" run on 91 octane?
It's a tune from Justin at VMP, email and data logs.

I would not run smaller than 82mm on 91 personally, I switched to E85 after about 2 weeks.

One bad tank of 91 with that much boost your in big trouble, I have a 82mm pulley in the garage for when I need to run 91.

You should be around 600rwhp with the 82mm pulley.

phfelts

Established Member

I would not run smaller than 82mm on 91 personally, I switched to E85 after about 2 weeks.

One bad tank of 91 with that much boost your in big trouble, I have a 82mm pulley in the garage for when I need to run 91.

Yeah, that was my original thinking. I live in Hawaii and we have 92 here, but most of the shops I've talked to claim it's closer to 91. Shaun seemed to agree when I sent him my final data log.

phfelts

Established Member

Yeah, that was my original thinking. I live in Hawaii and we have 92 here, but most of the shops I've talked to claim it's closer to 91. Shaun seemed to agree when I sent him my final data log.

Users who are viewing this thread