question for the gun toters

Haulin_05

Does that have a V8?
Established Member
I have been invovled in a few threads about guns recently and a few guys have mentioned that they only carry sometimes. I was just wondering how many of you guys carry all the time and if not, how do you decide when to carry? I see to many things on the news about churches getting shot, recently there was a wedding in arkansas that was shot up by a man that no one knew. I have a CCW and I a carry whenever I leave the house.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
I would get a CCW and carry if it was allowed in my state.
Unfortunately, in Illinois we've had the likes of Obama, Blagovitch and Daley take that away from us.

It's illegal to HAVE a gun in Chicago, even in your own home.

I bet you'll find a lot of other people here who carry though, assuming they're not from Illinois.

Haulin_05

Does that have a V8?
Established Member
That really sucks. Not only do you have to worry about criminals but you have to worry about gun laws too. I have gotten to the point where I carry anyway. Ill take my chances with court rather than take my chances with the criminals. We shouldnt have to worry about what laws we are breaking by protected ourselves and families though.

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
I would get a CCW and carry if it was allowed in my state.
Unfortunately, in Illinois we've had the likes of Obama, Blagovitch and Daley take that away from us.

It's illegal to HAVE a gun in Chicago, even in your own home.

I bet you'll find a lot of other people here who carry though, assuming they're not from Illinois.

since the DC ban went down, Chicago is next on the list.

jf4boogie

Established Member
My Glock is my American Express. I dont leave home without it. Even if I am going somewhere for a while, its at the very least always in my car.

NXSVTCOBRA

I carry all the time, not just when I leave the house, even on my property. I lost one brother to dumb shit, I'll be damned if mom or dad loses another.

To the OP I've read that before where people post "i only carry if I'm going near xxx side a town" (or along those lines). I personally think it's ignorant to pinpoint where crime will be.

Last edited by a moderator:

Common

Established Member
I carry all the time, not just when I leave the house, even on my property. I lost one brother to dumb shit, I'll be damned if mom or dad loses another.

To the OP I've read that before where people post "i only carry if I'm going near xxx side a town" (or along those lines). I personally think it's ignorant to pinpoint where crime will be.

That makes no sense but ok.

Haulin_05

Does that have a V8?
Established Member
That makes no sense but ok.

It makes complete sense. He is saying that you cant know when something bad is going to happen and decide to carry your gun unless you have "Spidey-Sense" or something. I am the same way, if I walk out the front door the gun is on.

Common

Established Member
It makes complete sense. He is saying that you cant know when something bad is going to happen and decide to carry your gun unless you have "Spidey-Sense" or something. I am the same way, if I walk out the front door the gun is on.

Profiling certain places is NOT ignorant but smart more often than not.

Haulin_05

Does that have a V8?
Established Member
How do you carry in a state in which you dont have a ccw for?

I think you might be in a lot of trouble if you get caught.

I live in VA and i carry in VA. Also it is reciprocal in many states. I dont carry when I work because I work on a top secret facility guarded my marines so I dont really need to. Ill take my chances getting caught to prtect me and my family. The only way Ill get caught is if I use it and then it would be up to a court to decide. Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
In most CCW classes, they recommend you carry 100% of the time since you never know where the criminals are going to be.

Although, it's logical to think you're more likely to have trouble in the "bad" parts of town.

SLOW95

SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!
Established Member
Oh ok I was thinking the same thing. Well its your rught to carry so I would have to say carry everytime you leave your house even if your just going down the road to get something to eat.
The way I look at is the people that get shot or held up what ever obviously had no idea it was going to happen do to that right there you never ever know what will and when something will happen and you better belive that you would kick yourself in the nuts hard if something happened and you just so happened to pick up your carry piece and than put it away saying oh im just going to Dinner with the family and then boom crazed man walks in with a gun and starts taking out everything. But then again I might me alittle paranoid.

Common

Established Member
why not just carry it all the time. you never know when something is gonna happen. that is the point

Inconvinient and illogical to say the least.

IF you live and work in a low crime rate area, there is not as much incentive to carry as if in a crime infested areas.

Haulin_05

Does that have a V8?
Established Member
In most CCW classes, they recommend you carry 100% of the time since you never know where the criminals are going to be.

Although, it's logical to think you're more likely to have trouble in the "bad" parts of town.

Absolutely!! I also carry in church which most people think is a safe place. Before anyone tries to sharp shoot that, the law in VA states that you cannont carry in a religious servious unless you have good and sufficient reason. Well, there have been many church shootings so that is my "good and sufficient" reason.

STG

Banned
I may carry all the time and I may not. I may be carrying concealed even when I open carry. I may have written permission to carry concealed in church (just to piss-off Obama).

Finding out for certain is something I suggest you avoid.:dancenana::dancenana:

Haulin_05

Does that have a V8?
Established Member
Inconvinient and illogical to say the least.

IF you live and work in a low crime rate area, there is not as much incentive to carry as if in a crime infested areas.

Your just trying to play devil's advocate and thats kool. you never have any idea where crime is going to strike. I am from a small town in texas that never has any crime. But back in may a 16 year old girl wsa dating an 18 year old boy and her parent disapproved so they decided to kill the parents. The girl was involved in the planning and they killed the mom and her two brothers 13 and 8. The dad was shot multiple times and crawled out of the window before they burned it down and crawled 300 yards to a neighbors house. Granted it is not a situation that would have been prevented by a ccw holder but it just shows you that crime strikes everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread