Question for online gamers. ALL CONSOLES

nicktoney

weeee
Established Member
So i dont think ive saw a thread of this yet, but i was curious to those playing online shooters, what is your connection speed? May as well make a thread of it to see what peoples speeds are to compare? So, if you could, list provider, type of internet, upload and download speeds. Im just curious to see how shitty of internet you can have before you cant play. I got fed up with Comcasts customer service and canceled them. They had great speeds for me, cant recall numbers, but ive since switched to Verizon Dynamic DSL. Speeds as of last night were decent (just hooked it up), didnt notice much lag on mw3 but time will tell!

Verizon Dynamic DSL
Download: 7.4MB
Upload: 786KBPS
Using Wireless BTW. Will try wired later.

chrisheltra

Established Member
Dont know but Im glad I dont do any gaming from my works T3 connection.

1593470256.png

nicktoney

weeee
Established Member
30Mbps down/30Mbps up @ home on Fios.

Playing BF3 most my pings on 64player server full are from 8MS to 30MS

They dont have fios in the asshole of the earth where i live. :whine: Comcast is the only cable internet provider, so they treat everyone like crap around here... looks like i should move. just for better internet.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
I was suck on dailup until 2006 once I moved so don't feel bad. Then I went to cable which was OK back to shitty DSL when I built my house in the country. So I was very happy when I moved in to the city area and got FiOS. It's a great service, never really any issues other than Verizon's shitty ability to bill people correctly. After 5 months of calling, I've got most of the kinks out.

I get HD TV, phone VoIP (unlimited) and the internet for $105/m, no contracts.

Torrents and most download I usually pull right around 4 megabytes a second.

Last edited:

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
1229689653.png

Cable provider and the best internet available in my city.

Online gaming is great, never any issues.

Boomer v3.8

Established Member
16mb-down/512k up on Bell VDSL2,
over Wireless 2 floors down from the WAP...solid 4 bars on Xbox wireless connection (not N..older Xbox)
Never any lag on CoD or Gears3.

No competition wirelessly between my neighbours, pretty solid connection.

Last edited:

nicktoney

weeee
Established Member
I was suck on dailup until 2006 once I moved so don't feel bad. Then I went to cable which was OK back to shitty DSL when I built my house in the country. So I was very happy when I moved in to the city area and got FiOS. It's a great service, never really any issues other than Verizon's shitty ability to bill people correctly. After 5 months of calling, I've got most of the kinks out.

I get HD TV, phone VoIP (unlimited) and the internet for $105/m, no contracts.

Torrents and most download I usually pull right around 4 megabytes a second.

Yeh i had dialup until the same year. I can still hear that POS connecting. DING DING BABANG CLACK CKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK. Gives me the chills.

JJs89lx

In the making.....
Established Member

AT&T U-Verse for Internet and TV... Honestly hate using any other TV service provider.
Does pretty well, I don't typically have any lag. I've had two Xbox's hooked up to live playing separate live games and then the same game in two different rooms. Did better than I thought it would.

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
So i dont think ive saw a thread of this yet, but i was curious to those playing online shooters, what is your connection speed? May as well make a thread of it to see what peoples speeds are to compare? So, if you could, list provider, type of internet, upload and download speeds. Im just curious to see how shitty of internet you can have before you cant play. I got fed up with Comcasts customer service and canceled them. They had great speeds for me, cant recall numbers, but ive since switched to Verizon Dynamic DSL. Speeds as of last night were decent (just hooked it up), didnt notice much lag on mw3 but time will tell!

Verizon Dynamic DSL
Download: 7.4MB
Upload: 786KBPS
Using Wireless BTW. Will try wired later.

Your problem is probably using wireless. wireless is the absolute worst when it comes to latency and gaming. 'Speed' isnt your issue, its high latency. Even with a 'gaming' wireless router its going to be shitty.

I went through the same thing, went wired and dont have any more issues.

chrisheltra

Established Member
Your problem is probably using wireless. wireless is the absolute worst when it comes to latency and gaming. 'Speed' isnt your issue, its high latency. Even with a 'gaming' wireless router its going to be shitty.

I went through the same thing, went wired and dont have any more issues.

Ive never used wired and never had an issue. :shrug:

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
Ive never used wired and never had an issue. :shrug:

I have 20 down and 10up with a old old G router and have never had a issue.

Just because youve never had an 'issue' doenst mean your still not getting high latency. And its possible you might not have high pings/latency, but a lot of people do when it comes to wireless and a lot of thing affect it. You guys are just part of those lucky few.

Users who are viewing this thread