Question for LEOS

joec

Established Member
I got a letter from the BMV stating that I needed to show up on January 3rd at the State Police Post in Sellersburg, Indiana and explain why I shouldn't have my license suspended or put on probation for excessive point accumulation.

I have a couple questions.

1. I got the letter on the 19th of December. I've tried to contact someone with the # on the letter, but I got an answering machine stating to leave my DL #, name, and telephone number and they will call me back. Well I tried to get ahold of them for the entire week of the 19th. No answer, and no calling me back. I finally got ahold of them Friday the 30th. I asked the lady if there was any possible way I could reschedule, she said I could, but i'd need to fax a paper with my dl #, name, address, and phone #, and the new date i wanted to a number she'd given me. She said I needed to have that faxed by 5pm Friday (the day of the call). It was about 4:00 when I finally got to speak with someone. I said there would be no way to get that faxed by then. At that point I got a little aggrivated and asked why nobody returned my phone calls. She informs me the secretary was on vacation. I work 7 days a week, and if I miss a day, i could possibly lose my job. So my question is: If i do not show up, am i automatically going to get my license suspended or is there a grace period?

and question number 2: What am I supposed to tell whoever i'm talking to when I go? I'm assuming im not going to talk to a judge, because it's at a state police post? Am I supposed to explain why I got every ticket? I don't understand. The lady I spoke with on the phone sounded entirely too busy to answer my questions and gave me the runaround.

and number 3: this probably has nothing to do with the courts of indiana, but moreso the actual BMV. have any of you even heard of this before?

Thanks ahead of time for any help.

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
If you dont show up then your license will be suspended for excessive point accumulation. You work the same job seven days a week, 365 days a year with no personal days, no sick days and no vacation days????

You are basically going there to explain why you should lose your license and what you are doing to change the behavior that caused the accumulation of points, such as a driver re education course.

If it were me, I would be there on Jan 3 on time.

Users who are viewing this thread