Question for Georgia LEOs

Low Class Yuppie

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Hey guys, this is kind of a crummy situation and I need some help. I'm in Ohio; I just picked up a car from Jersey with no title. I'm putting the car in my sister's name in Georgia and transferring ownership to her. To register the car, I apparently need a T-22B form for a state inspection. The problem is, the car is out of state with no engine getting restored. Is there any way to submit evidence to allow me to get this form taken care of without actually bringing the unfinished car to Georgia? The car is a 1980 so I just need a bill of sale, and I already have that taken care of. The inspection form is the only issue.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Slightly confused...

are you going to be driving the car when it gets restored? Or is your sister in Georgia?

And if it's currently missing a motor/needing restored and obviously not running what's the difference where or even if it's registered at the moment?

Low Class Yuppie

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Slightly confused...

are you going to be driving the car when it gets restored? Or is your sister in Georgia?

And if it's currently missing a motor/needing restored and obviously not running what's the difference where or even if it's registered at the moment?

Sorry for the confusion. I'll be driving it in Ohio once it gets restored, but Ohio won't issue me tags without seeing a bill of sale and a Georgia registration. Thanks for reading/responding.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Still don't see the reason for the Georgia thing. :shrug:

Can't you have a new title issued from Jersey since the vehicle was purchased from there? Then b.o.s and title to transfer for registration in Ohio.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Still don't see the reason for the Georgia thing. :shrug:

Can't you have a new title issued from Jersey since the vehicle was purchased from there? Then b.o.s, inspection and title to transfer for registration in Ohio.

Low Class Yuppie

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Getting a title from Jersey is a nightmare, and Ohio won't accept a bill of sale as proof of ownership unless it's from a state that uses a bill of sale in lieu of a title. So basically I'm transferring it to my sister so that at least someone I trust owns the car while it's getting fixed. At the worst I'll have to finish the car, ship it down there, and have it inspected. As long as my sis owns it I'm not worried...I just don't want to leave it in this guy's name while I'm pouring money into it. The guy I'm getting the car from has had the car passed around from person to person within his circle of friends over the last ten years or so, and nobody knows where the title is anymore.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Getting a title from Jersey is a nightmare, and Ohio won't accept a bill of sale as proof of ownership unless it's from a state that uses a bill of sale in lieu of a title. So basically I'm transferring it to my sister so that at least someone I trust owns the car while it's getting fixed. At the worst I'll have to finish the car, ship it down there, and have it inspected. As long as my sis owns it I'm not worried...I just don't want to leave it in this guy's name while I'm pouring money into it. The guy I'm getting the car from has had the car passed around from person to person within his circle of friends over the last ten years or so, and nobody knows where the title is anymore.

Looks like you're going through a nightmare already. :shrug:

Just seems like the Georgia thing is only going to add to your woes and complicate things more.

I agree not to leave it with the guy you purchased it from. That's just a bad idea all together. lol

Perhaps you shouldn't have bought the car without a title?

On a side note, I just went over New Jersey's requirements for obtaining a duplicate title....seems pretty cut and dry easy. :shrug: Are you just trying to save the money it will cost to file the application for a dupe title?

Low Class Yuppie

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Looks like you're going through a nightmare already. :shrug:

Just seems like the Georgia thing is only going to add to your woes and complicate things more.

I agree not to leave it with the guy you purchased it from. That's just a bad idea all together. lol

Perhaps you shouldn't have bought the car without a title?

On a side note, I just went over New Jersey's requirements for obtaining a duplicate title....seems pretty cut and dry easy. :shrug: Are you just trying to save the money it will cost to file the application for a dupe title?

Naw, not trying to save money. From what I can tell getting a title in Jersey would be easy...if anyone had ever borthered to register the thing. And I agree that I shouldn't have bought the car...only thing is, it's a top spec, JDM import 1980 Celica. Right hand drive and everything, probably the only one in the country. It's been one of my dream cars for a while and I can't believe I actually found one.

Hey, thanks for being helpful instead of just yelling at me or something.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Naw, not trying to save money. From what I can tell getting a title in Jersey would be easy...if anyone had ever borthered to register the thing. And I agree that I shouldn't have bought the car...only thing is, it's a top spec, JDM import 1980 Celica. Right hand drive and everything, probably the only one in the country. It's been one of my dream cars for a while and I can't believe I actually found one.

Hey, thanks for being helpful instead of just yelling at me or something.

Yelling at you?? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

That's all I got :shrug: :lol1:

Yeah, you might be in a bind with the vehicle not being registered. Are you saying it has never been registered in USA? You might not be able to register it at all if the origin of the vehicle cannot be found.

You've got your work cut out for you. Good luck.

jshen

Established Member
I believe the purpose of the Georgia inspection is that an LEO or state official must certify the VIN. I used to handle matters like that.

Low Class Yuppie

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I believe the purpose of the Georgia inspection is that an LEO or state official must certify the VIN. I used to handle matters like that.

Yeah, I understand that. I have no concerns about the legitimacy of the car. I just don't forsee being able to get my car down there for an inspection. I just wish there was some way for someone to run the VIN, see pictures of the car, and sign off on it. :(

Users who are viewing this thread