Question concerning turbos

Allen2001GT

Established Member
I was wondering if any of you guys knew of a place or company that has the best turbo for the best price. I am looking to get one for my bro but he has a audi tt.

Thanks

MustangBoo

Save Colonel Reb!!!
Established Member
Yeah I would like to find a nice turbo kit for my GT as well. Turbonetics has a kit but I think it is around 7grand. That is for a Mustang though, not sure about the Audi.

Allen2001GT

Established Member
My fault, i didn't mean a turbo, he already has a 1.8t so therefore i want to get him a blow off valve, anyone know of anywhere with a good price for a good brand?

MustangBoo

Save Colonel Reb!!!
Established Member
You might try GReddy. Try Hondatech.com or preludepower.com They have lots of info and links for turbo stuff.

4DR Assassin

Q-ship pilot
Established Member
You might want to get him a DV (diverter valve) a.k.a. BPV (by-pass valve) instead of a BOV. The DV/BPV routes the excess air back into the intake where as the BOV vents it back into the atmosphere. If he wants the sound, then get the BOV. Some people have had the CEL come on due to BOVs, other's have not. The reason the CEL would come on is that the BOV causes the car to have a rich LTFT (long term fuel trim) due to the metered air not being recirculated but the car applied fuel for that air. I'm not saying the light will come on, but there is a chance of it.

Here's one place you can order either a DV/BPV or BOV for the 1.8T in his car.

www.ecstuning.com

Here's a direct link to a page on that site with the vavles.

http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/edpd...el=Quattro&category=Engine&subcategory=Intake

Hope this helps.

P.S. There is also a shop in PA that specializes in VW/Audi/Porsche, www.awe-tuning.com. Another place to look for modifications for his TT.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread