Question...car wanted to stall tonight

ShaneHayes

Established Member
Got a quick question. Earlier tonight, I decided to get a pizza so I jumped in the cobra. I haven't driven it in over a week I'd say. I backed out of the garage and proceeded to take off. I noticed immediately that the car wanted to stall out. I got going, and once it warmed up...it didn't hesitate anymore. Do I have to start the car, and warm it up first? Kind of made me worried.:shrug: I am still new to the car so I'm still in the learning phase. Thanks again....Shane.:beer:

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Some of them have that problem. You can take it to Ford and get it re-flashed if you are still under warranty. I don't know if they will do it for free otherwise. I know mine does it every once in a while, but like you said, once it gets warmed up, no issues. I think mine has done it twice from what I remember.

Mystic03

Established Member
yeah if its been sitting for a week its best to let it warm up and get hte oil to where it needs to be but other than that you shouldnt have anything to worry about

ShaneHayes

Established Member
hey thanks for the inputs guys. yeah i figured i should have warmed it up since it has been sitting. just kind of scared me tonight when i experienced it. thanks again...shane.

Users who are viewing this thread