Question bout 90 Maf

BlownsvtL

Established Member
I just dropped in a K&N air filter and this dude wants to sell me a 90mm maf for my 2000 lightning for a hundred bucks i was wondering if anyone could tell me if thats a good deal and if it would be safe to be runnning that without a chip?

Mo Boost

Sunshine on the Darkside
Established Member
The newer Lightnings come with the 90 mm MAF as stock. The JDM upgrade for Lightnings earlier than 2001 was to replace the 80 mm MAF/85 mm MAF with the 90 mm version, & upgrade the chip programming.
If you put the new 90 mm MAF on, idle will change & you may run too rough....I think adding the MAF will help, if you're up to the added expense of a new chip.

BlownsvtL

Established Member
Thanks for the info man, sucks i really didnt want to spend the extra money on a chip and didnt want to viod the warrenty. Is the price he is askin for the maf a good deal?

Mo Boost

Sunshine on the Darkside
Established Member
Oh, forgot to answer the price question....:-D

The retail price for a cold air intake kit + 90 mm MAF for your truck retails at JDM for about $390...don't know if this is still current, but they recommend a chip, or a re-burn...

See this site and take a peek on the JDM forums....

http://www.teamjdm.com/

Site is a bit dated, but these guys rule...:thumbsup:

Mo Boost

Sunshine on the Darkside
Established Member
Catching the "mod bug" is fun, except when you have to deal with the warranty thing...
I have the 5-year extended warranty on my L....so serious mods are out of the question til then.
But the first thing I'm doing is the CAI, K/B blower, chip, and pulleys....I'm not a racer, but do like the idea of "just a little bit more"...:burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread