Question about x-plan

nate

Established Member
Does anyone know how Ford rebates work with x-plan? Can you stack rebates on top of the x-plan price, or is there a cutoff point on how cheap you can get a car?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Rebates are applies AFTER X-Plan. and technically there is no cutoff but rest assured that you will not get low enough to worry about it either

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
You really want D or A plan, but unless you work for a dealer or Ford you cannot get those. X-plan is a good deal though. And rebates apply after the plan price adjustment, I got $2k in rebates including D-plan when I bought my Track Pack.

BRNG ITT

Established Member
As everyone stated, you still get the rebates.

Also, when I ordered my Explorer, I went to Ford.com and ordered a brochure. and had it sent to my house. On the very back of the brochure, there was a special rebate made out in my name for an additional $750 off. So I used the x-plan, got a $3000 ford rebate, and also used the $750 brochure rebate.

Another thing that the dealer won't tell you is that when you purchase the ESP, not only do you NOT have to buy it at the same time as vehicle purchase (you have up to 3 years to do so, but the price goes up a bit after the first year,) but you don't have to buy it from them. There are dealerships online that sell the ESPs for about $100 more than what they bought it from Ford for. That's how I got my 7 year / 125K plan for $1300 vice the $2400 that the dealer tried to quote me.

Here is an example of a dealer that sells them online:

http://www.zeiglerfordesp.com

voyager7

SVT *****
Established Member
Another thing that the dealer won't tell you is that when you purchase the ESP, not only do you NOT have to buy it at the same time as vehicle purchase (you have up to 3 years to do so, but the price goes up a bit after the first year,) but you don't have to buy it from them. There are dealerships online that sell the ESPs for about $100 more than what they bought it from Ford for. That's how I got my 7 year / 125K plan for $1300 vice the $2400 that the dealer tried to quote me.

Here is an example of a dealer that sells them online:

http://www.zeiglerfordesp.com

Just priced them out.
They are the same exact cost as the dealership I go to.

Zemedici

Established Member
Are you looking at a 14?

I priced out a 14 at my dealer where I work,

43k msrp
7k instant rebate (fords giving them away to make room for 15s)
3.5k D plan (iirc X plan was 1,750)

10.5k right off the rip.

nate

Established Member
Thanks for all the replies. The wife and I are looking at getting 2014 Escape and the dealer is matching Fords rebate plus offering 0% for 60 months. Was planning on waiting until the first of the year, but I may jump sooner if I can get $5-$6000 off the sticker with 0% financing.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
or you can buy 1 share of ford stock for about 15 bucks, go into the dealer and get x-plan as a ford stock holder. IIRC all you need to do is take a screen shot of your account page showing ford stock ownership.

easiest way is to pay 50 bucks and join mustang club of america. they email you a x plan pin pretty quickly

BRNG ITT

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread