Question about V1 S-Trim to Si-Trim upgrades?

1badsvtcobra

Established Member
Currently I have a O/R Dr Gas X and Borla XR-1 catback.
I'm installing Bassani mid length headers with the same Dr Gas X in 1 week

Theres youre problem, i had a off road x pipe and my car was super laggy and there was no low end tq, i also felt that i had to really rev high so my car could feel fast, i just put on a catted mac x pipe and it was like day and night, my tuner B & D racing in van nuys, ca kept telling me to put catted x pipe in order to really wake the car, i should have taken their advice a long time ago.

HandsomeRob

Established Member
Theres youre problem, i had a off road x pipe and my car was super laggy and there was no low end tq, i also felt that i had to really rev high so my car could feel fast, i just put on a catted mac x pipe and it was like day and night, my tuner B & D racing in van nuys, ca kept telling me to put catted x pipe in order to really wake the car, i should have taken their advice a long time ago.

Are you blown? Or N/A? If you are N/A then that makes sense. But blown cars need air flow in and out. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong

1badsvtcobra

Established Member
Are you blown? Or N/A? If you are N/A then that makes sense. But blown cars need air flow in and out. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong

Believe me thats what i thought, but i tell u from experience my car felt like a civic till it hit boost about 3k, then midrange wasnt that great, i have to get retuned now that i have catted x but gonna wait put on an aftercooler and some more boost, i made 430 rwhp and 390 rwtq before

HandsomeRob

Established Member
Boost is a measure of restriction. Maybe the cats give the car more back pressure so boost builds up in the low end. I love the raw sound of a cobra without cats. If I do cats I will probably use the small Bassani ones. I'll wait for others to chime in. I'm curious

1badsvtcobra

Established Member
Boost is a measure of restriction. Maybe the cats give the car more back pressure so boost builds up in the low end. I love the raw sound of a cobra without cats. If I do cats I will probably use the small Bassani ones. I'll wait for others to chime in. I'm curious

Me 2 I also like my off road sound but my high flow catted version still sounds very loud since I'm running the tiny 1 chamber flow masters. But I love my low end and mid range torque much better. What shop do u use to dyne and tune? You're in LA right?

Users who are viewing this thread