Question about time

Sephiroth

Established Member
Ok, its not me, but i was wondering if somene on here could help me out as in to how much time you could get from these charges:

two counts of possession of a controlled substance,carrying a concealed deadly weapon, and receiving stoen property?

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
It depends on the amount of the CDS and if is within a school zone. A concealed deadly weapon as in a handgun? If so is it a legal gun or is deserialized or full auto? What was the value of the stolen property. How old is the person and is this their first offense? What state? And are the crimes being heard together, as they came out of the same arrest?

Sephiroth

Established Member
Originally posted by FordSVTFan
It depends on the amount of the CDS and if is within a school zone. A concealed deadly weapon as in a handgun? If so is it a legal gun or is deserialized or full auto? What was the value of the stolen property. How old is the person and is this their first offense? What state? And are the crimes being heard together, as they came out of the same arrest?

Well, its actually my older brother, not sure on the stolen property, the weapon was a 9mm,(im not a big gun person, i know very little),as far as the drugs, he told me 1pound of Mari and about 5ounces or so of shrooms.
They got him out a backroad, not sure where, he wouldn't tell me everything. It was just put in the paper, I didn't know until a friend there told me and showed me. :shrug:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
A pound of marijuana is distribution weight! The shrooms are too. The weapon if unregistered and not licensed is big time also.

If sentences run concurrently it would probably be 8 years. But there are mandatory minimums for each charge and they can be run consecutively. His best bet is to get a really really good lawyer and plead it quickly.

Sephiroth

Established Member
Damn, thanks man. Was just wondering, he doesn't talk about it, or tell the whole story. The paper kinda told me what was goin on.
Feel bad for him, but i guess he'll learn. :(

Users who are viewing this thread