question about the SVT manley rods.

4camwonder

Established Member
i have a 97, and i think i have a cracked ring, so in the near future i will be rebuilding the engine. my plan was to use the factory SVT Manley rods with the mahle powerpak piston set from jegs with the 11.5:1 compression (jegs pn- 644-MOD220571F00).

since i obvioulsy am not going FI, i plan on running a TNT f2 wet system on my car , and was curious as to what kind of power amount from the nitrous thw rods would take? keep in mind the car will be tuned correctly and will have the supporting mods.

thanks -keith

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
The rods will hold pretty much anything you can throw at them.

A buddy runs mid 8's and traps in the 160's on the stock '03 Cobra rods.

4camwonder

Established Member
unit213 said:
The rods will hold pretty much anything you can throw at them.

A buddy runs mid 8's and traps in the 160's on the stock '03 Cobra rods.

well then, i guess i dont need to be concerned with them. know anything about the pistons, i understand the paowerpak piston are pretty much the same as the 03-04 stock ones.

4camwonder

Established Member
Bullitt4110 said:
Dont get the stock 03-04 pistons. There are a lot better options.

no im not getting those, im looking at what ive heard are close to the same thing, but different compression ratio. (see above) i was asking if they would take more abuse than the 03-04 pistons.

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
The rods are pretty solid but still are H beam rods. They can take a lot but I wouldnt say anything. Just make sure you use high quality rod bolts, the stockers werent that great.

Trick Pony

Stang Addict
Established Member
I'd go with the stock cobra rods but bigger rod bolts but I'd expect the Mahle pistons in the kit aren't any more durable than stock ones.

Users who are viewing this thread