Question about the Super snake

BLOWNLS3

Established Member
I know a kid (most likely a BSer) That keeps telling me he is ordering a GT500 Super snake. How would the highest model match up with my car ? I have a feeling the kid is talking out his ass to be honest but I figured who better to ask than you guys. Thanks :beer:

CAPTAIN JACK

Established Member
top SS hp is 740, costs around $38,000.00 above the price for the car itself, also will take forever to get, Shelby is sooooooooooooo slow.

BLOWNLS3

Established Member
top SS hp is 740, costs around $38,000.00 above the price for the car itself, also will take forever to get, Shelby is sooooooooooooo slow.

Ohhhhh ok, I am sure the kid is full of crap anyway. :bash: I have about 660hp anyway so even if he gets it I am ready!!!!:fm:

Last edited:

HotStart

Fastest Stock Daytona
Established Member
As it comes from factory, you have nothing to worry about. Even if he puts a 3' pulley on it, which is about as small you can go on 93 octane, he'll only be trapping around 130-133. You would still be able to take it from a roll, and any low speed or dig races, he can't really hook up without slicks, or at least some really fat DR's.. If he chooses to run torco, or some straight C16, however, you can really bump the boost up..A pulley swap with C16 can give them enough power to trap around 140 or so, but I doubt the type of person who buys a Super Snake instead of just putting a KB on the car themselves is really into the whole race gas/24PSI thing. But you never know!

All in all I'd say you have nothing to worry about, heck if he does throw a small pulley on it, just challenge him to a dig race haha.

BLOWNLS3

Established Member
As it comes from factory, you have nothing to worry about. Even if he puts a 3' pulley on it, which is about as small you can go on 93 octane, he'll only be trapping around 130-133. You would still be able to take it from a roll, and any low speed or dig races, he can't really hook up without slicks, or at least some really fat DR's.. If he chooses to run torco, or some straight C16, however, you can really bump the boost up..A pulley swap with C16 can give them enough power to trap around 140 or so, but I doubt the type of person who buys a Super Snake instead of just putting a KB on the car themselves is really into the whole race gas/24PSI thing. But you never know!

All in all I'd say you have nothing to worry about, heck if he does throw a small pulley on it, just challenge him to a dig race haha.

No then I am just going to Forge the LS3 and get a blower cam and turn up the boost :rockon:

R1Lello

Established Member

wow, 14 posts and you know it all.......you sound like a GT500 hater. So in other words, a blown 579 rwhp ls3 is as simple as step on the pedal and go.......no spin, breakage nothing?? oh if that's not enough, add a pulley and C16 and bam!! more power but still no spin, no dr's needed, no new tune, no potential breakage nothing.........just the best damn combo ever. Grow up and learn buddy...........

CobraMac

Established Member
Why are you throwing all that into your c6 when you could have easily gotten the z06 and modded it for how much youve thrown at your car? better yet, the zr1 if you decide to forge your internals and get a blower cam

BLOWNLS3

Established Member
Why are you throwing all that into your c6 when you could have easily gotten the z06 and modded it for how much youve thrown at your car? better yet, the zr1 if you decide to forge your internals and get a blower cam

LS3 is a better platform for F/1 than the LS7 due to the thin walls and other things that make running lots of boost hard. A ZR1 is over 100k so I have no idea why you even mentioned that. My car cost me 45k and about 11k for my set up. That is 56k so far and I think my track time is pretty respectable. It will cost another maybe 10k to forge and switch to an 8 rib pulley and blower cam. That is pretty much less than a brand new C6 Z06 would have cost me and not even CLOSE to what ZR1 would have cost. I knew I wanted to go F/I so at that point I had no interest in spending the extra money on a Z06. I am quite happy with my car. You are either bad at math or just didn't think before you posted.

Last edited:

BLOWNLS3

Established Member
wow, 14 posts and you know it all.......you sound like a GT500 hater. So in other words, a blown 579 rwhp ls3 is as simple as step on the pedal and go.......no spin, breakage nothing?? oh if that's not enough, add a pulley and C16 and bam!! more power but still no spin, no dr's needed, no new tune, no potential breakage nothing.........just the best damn combo ever. Grow up and learn buddy...........

I really just wanted to know if there were any performance specs for this car yet or any track times. I never meant any disrespect towards the GT500. I think the GT500 is an awesome car and I have much respect for them. Yous looks awesome and makes great numbers :beer: Any track times?

R1Lello

Established Member
I really just wanted to know if there were any performance specs for this car yet or any track times. I never meant any disrespect towards the GT500. I think the GT500 is an awesome car and I have much respect for them. Yous looks awesome and makes great numbers :beer: Any track times?

My comment wasn't towards you by the way. I also like vettes too. No times yet on my car but it does have sick throttle response and instant boost........it's an animal !! Just finished my mods weeks ago and winter coming here soon so it's going to storage for the winter. Have to wait until springtime. Cheers !:beer:

BLOWNLS3

Established Member
My comment wasn't towards you by the way. I also like vettes too. No times yet on my car but it does have sick throttle response and instant boost........it's an animal !! Just finished my mods weeks ago and winter coming here soon so it's going to storage for the winter. Have to wait until springtime. Cheers !:beer:

Yea I know that feeling :( I just cleaned out the garage the other day also knowing the time is nearing to put it away. With this cold air I have no traction anyway. Next spring time for some rims and tires. Later buddy :beer:

CobraMac

Established Member
LS3 is a better platform for F/1 than the LS7 due to the thin walls and other things that make running lots of boost hard. A ZR1 is over 100k so I have no idea why you even mentioned that. My car cost me 45k and about 11k for my set up. That is 56k so far and I think my track time is pretty respectable. It will cost another maybe 10k to forge and switch to an 8 rib pulley and blower cam. That is pretty much less than a brand new C6 Z06 would have cost me and not even CLOSE to what ZR1 would have cost. I knew I wanted to go F/I so at that point I had no interest in spending the extra money on a Z06. I am quite happy with my car. You are either bad at math or just didn't think before you posted.

Well then u definitely have very good reasoning. Looks like you researched everything very well. You have a very nice car btw. Thought I would ask. Not to mention I know a TON more about my cars engine, than the corvettes haha

HotStart

Fastest Stock Daytona
Established Member
wow, 14 posts and you know it all.......you sound like a GT500 hater. So in other words, a blown 579 rwhp ls3 is as simple as step on the pedal and go.......no spin, breakage nothing??.

:burn::shrug:

I wouldn't consider myself to be a know it all, but what exactly did I say that is false? Obviously you're over simplifying driving the C6, but as anyone who's driven cars at these power levels knows, it is going to be TONS easier to hook a 580rwhp Centri powered C6 than a 750rwhp GT500. I am far from a GT500 hater, they are one of my favorite cars out today,and generally, I'm the one defending them online! haha.. My Father's GT500 makes just over 840rwhp and it is damn near impossible to hook with 305 DR's or even E.T. Streets at anything under 65mph. It takes so much more power from these cars to run with a Corvette, and it is a FACT, it is way easier to hook with 580rwhp then 700.

oh if that's not enough, add a pulley and C16 and bam!! more power but still no spin, no dr's needed, no new tune, no potential breakage nothing.........just the best damn combo ever. Grow up and learn buddy...........

I'm not sure where you were going with this, maybe my last post was unclear?? I'll go back and take a look after I post this...BUT it is easy to add that power, it IS literally a pulley swap, a tank of C16, and an Xcal3 away from the stock Super Snake. Your sarcastic comment about "no spin, no DR's needed" etc... is exactly what I was saying. The Super Snake owner can add all the power easily, but it will be almost impossible to use on the street at low speeds.

I have to go now, I need to get my post count up so I can know what I'm talking about next time, because they're directly related of course:rolling:. Have a good one.:beer:

BLOWNLS3

Established Member
Well then u definitely have very good reasoning. Looks like you researched everything very well. You have a very nice car btw. Thought I would ask. Not to mention I know a TON more about my cars engine, than the corvettes haha

I just reread my post and I came off like a dick. I wanted to apologize. I took it as you saying I wasted my money on my car and that kind of ticked me off. My bad and thanks for the compliment. You have a great looking beast yourself there :beer:

Chris

Blaine

Established Member
SOunds like BS. You don't order a supersnake.. U buy a GT500 FIRST... then you get on a LONG waiting list to get the supersnake package put on at a SUPERSNake authorized dealer.

Oh and the 725+ hp is the stock PSI setting on the Kenne bell kit... u can get a pully and get over 850+ RWHP easy. With slicks ur running low 10's in the qtr. :pop:

Also... bashing other Nice sports cars... just shows you really don't love cars. I'd own them all if I could.

Last edited:

skyhighsd

Established Member
Oh and the 725+ hp is the stock PSI setting on the Kenne bell kit... u can get a pully and get over 850+ RWHP easy. With slicks ur running low 10's in the qtr. :pop:

Also... bashing other Nice sports cars... just shows you really don't love cars. I'd own them all if I could.

Ok not trying to start something but 725hp ss is rated at the motor and not the rear wheels and to pull 850+rwhp out of a kb is NOT that easy. Believe me I have one, you need to look into this better.

OP- you would have your hands full with a kb gt500 dont take it lightly, but from the sound of your post it sounds as this guy is full of it.

Blaine

Established Member
Ok not trying to start something but 725hp ss is rated at the motor and not the rear wheels and to pull 850+rwhp out of a kb is NOT that easy. Believe me I have one, you need to look into this better.

OP- you would have your hands full with a kb gt500 dont take it lightly, but from the sound of your post it sounds as this guy is full of it.

Heres 975 HP Kenne Bell to the Rear Wheels. It is actually easy with a nice shot of NOS on top. :poke: Superchargers love a nice COLD shot of NOS. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bihc8WVkUMU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bihc8WVkUMU[/ame]

Watch a fastlane, custom built and tuned, Shelby GT500 make more than 957 RWHP on the dyno.

Kenne Bell Supercharger 21 psi
75lb Injectors
Long tube headers/full exhaust
Fastlane Direct Port Nitrous System

....Bolt on parts = easy
Reliable like this.... :shrug: Hooking up on stock tires..... impossible.

Last edited:

Blaine

Established Member
Heres another one... these are all videos from shops that specialize in GT500's. Posting fake videos is grounds for them to be sued. It would be different if they were random nobody's from youtube.

http://www.evoperform.com/GT500/EVO-GT500-Race-Car-KB.wmv

876 RWHP/920 ft/lbs TQ Kenne Belle from Evolution Perf. Takes this then add a simple 150 shot of nos. Well do the math thats 1000 rwhp. (Don't trust my link, the video is available straight from their website.)

Last edited:

skyhighsd

Established Member
Oh and the 725+ hp is the stock PSI setting on the Kenne bell kit... u can get a pully and get over 850+ RWHP easy.

Blaine, ok this is what I am talking about. You can not just change a pulley and get 850rwhp "easy"........period None of those cars are just pulley changed they are all sprayed. I believe the post you made 100% from evo but fastlanes no way, if they did pull those numbers there is no way it will last. Without more than a pulley change there is no way anyone is pulling 850+ rwhp out of a 500. Believe me I was shoting for 800rwhp and I am running a smaller pulley than most on my KB and am not hitting 800 yet. I will not run the smallest pulley that KB makes for the 500 because you need to run C16 with that pulley and a few more hp is not worth the cost of the fuel IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread