question about the stock exhaust

redz_02

Established Member
how the hell do you get it off :mj: ? I've loosened every u clamp and pulled all the bushings off and now i pry and pry at the tail pipes and muffler and no go, WD-40 in hand so it's lubed up (hu hu). Is this a two person job or are there any secrets, makes me wanna cry when i look at my magnaflow on the ground.

OH-MAN

Established Member
I used a hyd. bottle jack against the trans mount put some pressure on the muffler, wiggle the muffler up and down and side to side. Repeat be paitent and keep working it . You are trying to reform the pipes that have been crimped by the clamps .
Good luck

If you get crazy and cut some slices in the pipes to opem them up.
Oh Well that works as well.

PearlBlue L

Still Around
Established Member
10 pound sledge and some break free fluid... only took me about 5 minutes by my self with that combo. you just wont be using the exhaust again after you beat on it for 5 minutes with a 10 pound sledge.

OH-MAN

Established Member
Originally posted by ford2001svt
10 pound sledge and some break free fluid... only took me about 5 minutes by my self with that combo. you just wont be using the exhaust again after you beat on it for 5 minutes with a 10 pound sledge.

I left that one out:lol:
I was thinking you may be saving it.

redz_02

Established Member
haha, yeah i guess a sledge would work, i have a saws all, but that was my last resort, guess i'll try the patience niche, then when i get pissed just cut the damn thing off. Guess i could take it to a muffler shop, but i have always been a doo it your self person, guess thats what makes it a hobby.

Thanks for the input guys. Thought i was wasting my time pulling and wiggling.

Last edited:

TXRickC

Established Member
I used a ratcheting strap (the kind to tie things down in the bed) and wrapped it from the axle to the muffler. Worked pretty good, came off clean.

redz_02

Established Member
Originally posted by TXSVTLIGHTNING
I used a ratcheting strap (the kind to tie things down in the bed) and wrapped it from the axle to the muffler. Worked pretty good, came off clean.

Never even thought of that, gues i'll try that one before the saw.

kellcabin

Best way to get it off is to take it to a muffler shop, have them heat it and slide it off. If its a Magnaflow, you will have to loosen the manifold bolts on the passenger side in order to match up the inlet pipes. All this cost me $30 and took 40 minutes to install.

Users who are viewing this thread