Question about the JLT123

gr850

Established Member
Can Jay or someone tell if there is supposed to a "gasket" or "seal" on the housing hole that the intake tube comes through? Mine does not have one and it appears to defeat the purpose of having a CAI if it can suck engine heat through the opening around the tube.

I'm not referring to the seal that seals against the hood. Nice piece other than that.

Thanks in advance.

JimIII@jdm

Can Jay or someone tell if there is supposed to a "gasket" or "seal" on the housing hole that the intake tube comes through? Mine does not have one and it appears to defeat the purpose of having a CAI if it can suck engine heat through the opening around the tube.

I'm not referring to the seal that seals against the hood. Nice piece other than that.

Thanks in advance.

It is not supposed to have a seal there. The Airbox is not meant to seal perfectly, it does trap most of the cool air coming through the air duct/ front grill. The main idea of any heat shield is to protect the filter from drawing hot engine air at idle. If you removed the box completely and datalogged the Intake Air Temperature at the filter you would only see a difference at idle. At Wide open throttle it is not affected from the hot engine air because the engine bay is getting plenty of cool air flow while the car is moving. On a Dyno where the car is stationary it would show a difference but not in real world driving scenarios.

Hope this helps,

JimIII

Users who are viewing this thread