Question about the 13-14 Shelby

Aaronurdaneta

Established Member
Guys. I recently sold my 5.0 mustang and I'll be in the market for a 13-14 body style Shelby. The question I have is, besides mileage and year, is there any major difference between the 13 and the 14. Like, did the fix or made something better after the 13 came out, or no diff at all?

Thanks.

STTOCK

The Man
Established Member
13' is the 20th anniversary for SVT so you get the backlit door sills that state that. 14' has the snake in the gauge cluster display instead of the running horse. They both have different color options. That's all I can recall.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
13' is the 20th anniversary for SVT so you get the backlit door sills that state that. 14' has the snake in the gauge cluster display instead of the running horse. They both have different color options. That's all I can recall.

Yup other than those options that's about it. The 13/14s are badass all the way around.

Aaronurdaneta

Established Member
Thanks for the responses. I've seen several within my price range both 13s and 14s with low miles as well. There is a 14 I really like, it has an aftermarket carbon fiber intake (maybe a jlt). Do these cars have to be tuned for a cold air intake?

NJredfire03

Established Member
Weird. I have a 13 but my nav has the snake and gt500 on the screen. Maybe it was updated?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STTOCK

The Man
Established Member
Weird. I have a 13 but my nav has the snake and gt500 on the screen. Maybe it was updated?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nav has a snake and GT500 on both year models. Look at your gauge cluster info center, where it tells you how many miles till empty, that's where the horse is on the '13 as opposed to a snake on the '14.

Aaronurdaneta

Established Member
I have another question. I'm close to pulling the trigger on a 13 with track pack. It has a Shelby badge in the center console by the shifter with the vin and Carroll signature, is this something special or the prev owner just bought a plaque and put it there? Thanks

merkyworks

Established Member
The owner got this from Shelby Performance, Shelby verifies the VIN # before sending to customer. The number on the plaque should match the car dash number, if not then something is wrong.

cotten

Established Member
Nav has a snake and GT500 on both year models. Look at your gauge cluster info center, where it tells you how many miles till empty, that's where the horse is on the '13 as opposed to a snake on the '14.

I have a 14. I have the horse logo in the center of dash. I believe it's only on cars manufactured after a certain date in 2014.

STTOCK

The Man
Established Member
yea well the paint on my 14 sucks. have to have a few places repainted to which im not happy about
I had to have my front bumper repainted because my pressure washer took the paint off of it! With ease too... very disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread