question about tail pipe placement

turbo06gt

Established Member
Hey guys/gals i just joined this forum the other day. I just bought my 2011 gt prem. about a month ago with 1200 miles on it. when i got it there was the Heartthrob cat-axel exhaust on it. (its for sale btw) and put on a magnaflow comp cat back with after cat x-pipe. ever since I put this system on the tips keep moving on me. they keep turning in towards the bumper. i fixed the passanger side by bending the bracket new to the tip of the axel back and it sits perfectly. but the driverside keeps moving no matter what i do. I thought it was just magnaflow but my buddy bought his a few weeks after me and put a pype bomb axel back on and it does the samething. Anyone have the same problem? if so how can i fix it?

Nuar

Established Member
Check the section of the exhaust that goes over the axle. Im willing to bet you have a mark there from the axle tube hitting the catback, which in turn, knocks the muffler/h-to-axleback pipes out of allignment. Not much you can do about that unfortunately as far as I know.

pohnjarker

Established Member
i had the same issue and noticed the pipe was hitting the axle. that could be the issue. i have the heartthrob on mine and it does move from time to time but not near as much since i "fixed" it.

Users who are viewing this thread