question about tail lights!!!

prochargedcobra

BADENUF
Established Member
When I bought my car a while back, it came with clear tail lights. The guy who had it before me painted the plastic around the clear lenses. I want stock ones back on it but want to keep them painted. Buddy of mine told me that the painted plastic on the old ones can be removed and put onto the new ones. Any one know of this?

Last edited:

Venomous Cobra

ballinn!!!
Established Member
prochargedcobra said:
When I bought my car a while back, it came with clear tail lights. The guy who had it before me painted the plastic around the clear lenses. I want stock ones back on it but want to keep them painted. Buddy of mine told me that the painted plastic on the old ones can be removed and put onto the new ones. Any one know of this?
yupp thier held in by clips and i think 3 phillips head screws on the bottom, and u can take it off and put the new bezel/lights back in..juts becarefull not too break those tabs

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
Venomous Cobra said:
yupp thier held in by clips and i think 3 phillips head screws on the bottom, and u can take it off and put the new bezel/lights back in..juts becarefull not too break those tabs
hes right.. I just had mine off yesterday to tint em. One of the tabs is a real PITA to get out and I ended up braking it but since it was the middle tab you cant tell. But dont just snap it off if you have trouble, play with it for a while

Users who are viewing this thread