Question about Steeda spring install...

Jocko

Established Member
This might be a weird question, but I'm installing some Steeda springs on my '03 (Thanks, 3pete) and I noticed that if I install the fronts with the "flat" part of the spring orientated upright, (as were the stockers I removed) the Steeda lettering will be up-side down. Is this correct, or could it be possible the stock springs were up-side down to begin with? I'm not really concerned with any performance loss I may experience due to the name of the company on the spring being up-side down... but flat side up = good, correct?

Thanks...

TheFleshRocket

Likes to drive sideways.
Established Member
Hopefully you have already found an answer to this, but if not, I am just about positive that the flat part should be on top. That's how my springs were when I swapped them out, and unless Steeda has engineered something completely out of the ordinary, your springs should probably be the same way as well.

Jocko

Established Member
Thanks for the reply.

And yes, I did go with the flat end up. The corresponding pocket in the LCA better matched the radius of the other end, I was just confused about why a company would go through the trouble to put thier name on a product only to have it up-side down, lol. Thanks again, it's reassuring to know that I didn't do the inverted spring mod!

Users who are viewing this thread