Question about springs

Squamishcoyote

Wheel Hoppin
Established Member
Wondering which sprigs will Lower the car the most while still being able to run a 28" tall rear at the track without rubbing, I'm currently running the Prokit and would like to go lower as with a 28.7" tire out back I still have a 2.5 finger wide fender gap. I know Sportlines will rub. Which ones fall between pro's and Sportlines? I'm trying to avoid getting KW's just to get the ride height I want

Jedisalami

Established Member
h and r supersports and no rub here

20121201_103651.jpg

cbrtrx

Established Member
I ran 28" tall dr tires with sportlines. 1.6 60 foots N/A. No rubbing at all. Offset of the wheel is everything.

jayman33

I think the BMR springs may fall in between. Also take a look at the Ground Control coilovers, the full set not just the spring perches. They're around 1600 and are well worth it.

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
Trying to avoid the 4k the club sports will end up being after tax and shipping

You don't need to spend $4000 to get a good set of coilovers. Why are you set on KW Club sports? You can get a nice AST setup from Vorshlag for ~$2800, Eibach R2 for ~$2200, and quite a few other options.

Last edited:

Squamishcoyote

Wheel Hoppin
Established Member
You don't need to spend $4000 to get a good set of coilovers. Why are you set on KW Club sports? You can get a nice AST setup from Vorshlag for ~$2800, Eibach R2 for ~$2200, and quite a few other options.

The vorshlag's are a little expensive for single adjustables, R2's have external resi's and that looks ugly. I just want and integrated camber plate, so far the Griggs kit and the ground control ones are the only ones that look like they would work for under 2k

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
The vorshlag's are a little expensive for single adjustables, R2's have external resi's and that looks ugly. I just want and integrated camber plate, so far the Griggs kit and the ground control ones are the only ones that look like they would work for under 2k

I'm confused. You indicated Clubsports when someone brought up coilovers. They have external reservoirs as well. Are you more interested in how the suspension components look instead of how they function? You can hide the reservoirs out of sight if you are worried about that. Not really sure why you would complain about the the single adjust-ability of the ASTs but then also not be interested in the increased performance and adjust-ability of the R2s for cheaper. The Ground Controls, just rebranded Konis and Eibachs, look decent but don't know anyone running them. Muller may also be a consideration for you, they are below $2000.

Muller xr series - MULLER SUSPENSION COMPONENTS

Squamishcoyote

Wheel Hoppin
Established Member
The way it looks under good is a big part of it, as I enter local shows, I sent an email to müeller a month or so ago and never got a reply or I would probably already have bought them

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
Well if you're more interested in appearance, and want camber plates included. Just go buy a set of BC Racing BRs for $999, they work great for a daily and light track duty. Hell, there is a set in the classifieds right now for $800 or so.

Squamishcoyote

Wheel Hoppin
Established Member
Well if you're more interested in appearance, and want camber plates included. Just go buy a set of BC Racing BRs for $999, they work great for a daily and light track duty. Hell, there is a set in the classifieds right now for $800 or so.

I'm looking at those right now, it's a toss up between those, the eibach sleeves for dspecs or just leaving the ride height and dealing with the wheel gap up front.

I asked a friend of mine, he suggested moton's... Had to remind him I'm not making 75/hr

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
Yeah lots of people throw out Moton, mainly guys with more money than they know what to do with and aren't really car guys but saw them on a buddy's track car or a race car. They make awesome stuff, but you don't need to spend that much for a good quality coilover setup. I'd highly recommend JRZ if anyone is looking in the Moton price range though.

I've had BC Racing coilovers on my STI and they were just fine for daily duty and an occasional HPDE. Good ride, decent components, and the damping adjustment knob actually significantly changes the damping. You don't feel anything for each of the 30 clicks but I would say they do have about 15 noticeable different settings.

modernbeat

Jason at Vorshlag
Established Member
Yeah lots of people throw out Moton, mainly guys with more money than they know what to do with and aren't really car guys but saw them on a buddy's track car or a race car. They make awesome stuff, but you don't need to spend that much for a good quality coilover setup. I'd highly recommend JRZ if anyone is looking in the Moton price range though...

The new AST 4150 is also an option in the lower end of that price range. We sell Motons and I'd highly recommend them for track use (performance and longevity), but they can be a little on the harsh side for pure street use.

Users who are viewing this thread