Question about springs and c/c plates

IcE

Established Member
I am looking to lower the Cobra but I am kind of confused when I read through the lowering spring thread. I know that most everyone says to run H&R's and that the Sport ones sit lower. However, I have a very steep driveway and cannot drop the car too much. Do the caster/camber plates and isolators keep the Sport springs from lowering it too much? I want it to look nice, but I am worried about the driveway like I said. Would you guys recommend the Sport or Race springs considering there will be all the isolators and c/c plates.

romi

Established Member
not sure about the springs, I just cut mine, but the cc plates are just used for alignment. They have nothing to do with the amount of drop,

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
The cc plates are just used for alignment. They have nothing to do with the amount of drop,
+1. Just know that if you drastically lower your Cobra they are almost mandatory to correctly align the car.

Between the two choices you mentioned, the Sport springs will lower your car more than the Race springs. As for the isos if you decide to run them, (regardless of what springs you choose), they will decrease the amount of drop the springs will give you as they are placed between the spring and it's perch.

I went with the Race springs and reused all of the factory isos. I just wanted to get rid of the horrible wheel gap from the factory, I did not want my car slammed. I also went ahead and installed some C/C plates as a preventative measure so when I got the car aligned it would be spot on. Some guys that run Race springs don't need C/C plates, some do. I got them just to be on the safe side. All in all I'm very happy with the way my car sits and I don't have to worry about scraping the undercarriage on speed bumps or bad driveways either.

Before (all stock suspension):
DSC00227.jpg

After (H&R race springs. all the stock isos, Maximum Motorsports C/C plates):
DSC00420.jpg

Last edited:

IcE

Established Member
Thanks guys, the above post is exactly the stance I would be looking for. Appreciate the help.

Users who are viewing this thread