Question about Shelby in new commercial

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
Hey guys, sorry for a new thread on this.

The New 2013 Mustang - YouTube

You guys have probably seen the commercial above. The GT500 at the end, do you guys think those are custom silver strips that we are not offered, or do you think it's possible those are the black strips and are just reflective enough to appear silver because of the lighting in the video?

I love the look of this GT500 and I place my order this coming Tuesday. I'm either going with black w/black stripes or sterling silver w/black stripes.

But man, I'd love a set of the stripes in the vid.

Lemers

Established Member
The whole commercial is about customization. I think the stripes are a color not offered. They looked silver from several angles.

I would like to get the reflective stripes of the new boss over the top of a GT500.

Lemers

Established Member
Here's a good look at that GT500.

adaccdfa-4bfe-aa5a.jpg

adaccdfa-4c0c-e660.jpg

adaccdfa-4c19-5684.jpg

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
Thanks Lemers. I was doing the same thing, capturing still frames. You still think they are silver? Or possibly flat black? They kinda look like they could pass for flat black in that 1st picture.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
I think thats black with flat black stripes. But yeah its bad-ass. Black is just soooooooo hard to keep clean :(

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
I think thats black with flat black stripes. But yeah its bad-ass. Black is just soooooooo hard to keep clean :(

I know but I absolutely love that combo. My SRT8 Jeep is black and so is my EX35, so I don't mind black, I definitely keep them clean.

I'm just about 100% positive when I go to order it on Tuesday, it's gonna be the black on black. :banana:

Karl

Krazy Karl
Established Member
03 Cobra thats what I went with on Friday, Should be same as in the commercial.! Sweet combo. Good luck on the dealin. I got sucked in at MSRP!

2k7gtcs

Established Member
As someone who owns a black stripe on black GT I agree those are also matte or flat black stripes.

In the light, especially artificial light, that's what these stripes do. Look at my avatar.

2k7gtcs

Established Member
IMG_1448.jpg

IMG_1442.jpg

IMG_1436.jpg

It looks to me like Ford did something with post production lighting. That's why the glare on the commercial stripes look so artificial like on my parking garage shots. That was a fluorescent light above my car. In normal sunlight they'd never look that way.

Users who are viewing this thread