Question about rolling fenders.

mikeunreal

Established Member
Hi guys,

I have a 98 Cobra with just barely 27,000 miles on it. Needless to say, its in perfect shape. I was wondering if I should be concerned about cracking the paint in the rears if I get the fenders professionally rolled? I do not have much experience in this but I know my rears wont fit with my spacers. (i have oem 17x9 03 Cobra wheels with H&R spacers)

Any help or suggestions is appreciated.

BTW Anyone know anywhere around Columbia SC that does this.

Mike
803-422-9359

65x2

Resident Hippie
Established Member
They can crack. Just take it easy, heat gun will help. Talk to the shop about what they'll do if they crack.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

CJHAMIL

Pew Professional
Established Member
Mustangs Unlimited sells a fender roller tool. As long as you keep some heat on area you should be fine.

V/R

Connor "Wolverine" Hamilton

NVRL8TE

Death or Glory
Established Member
Use body tape where you are going to use a heat gun. It helps hold the heat in.

And TAKE YOUR TIME.

ceetwarrior

Established Member
Use body tape where you are going to use a heat gun. It helps hold the heat in.

And TAKE YOUR TIME.

+1, exactly. I've rolled several fenders when my fender roller. Always heat it up nice and never had an issue even on older foxes. Some guys who are afraid of cracking will tape a line and cut it with a razor blade so it 'cant go further than that line'. But, that's debatable since you'd be giving a place for water to get behind and crack out.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
Mine cracked on the very edge. I used lots of heat, and a professional roller. I think its due to the paints age.

mikeunreal

Established Member
do u bring heat to the whole fender well or just the lip part your actually rolling. thanks guys.

btw thinking of getting new tires. just the stock size 275s all around with a 1 inch spacer in rear. i currently have 315s and its rubbing. do you think i will even need to roll it?

Shoeman 1

Established Member
do u bring heat to the whole fender well or just the lip part your actually rolling. thanks guys.

btw thinking of getting new tires. just the stock size 275s all around with a 1 inch spacer in rear. i currently have 315s and its rubbing. do you think i will even need to roll it?

Personally I'd take the spacer off or go with a smaller spacer like a 1/2".
What is you suspension setup, springs/shocks???? I run SS's & Bilsteins with ISO's with a large size 295/35 rear and I'm not even close to rubbing.

Users who are viewing this thread