Question about pulley tool

Shanezam203

Established Member
I was pulling off my pulley a few days ago and the old pulley came off, but I was putting on the new pulley, and my tool kind of fell apart on me.
(The removal tool was from Rpm Outlet)
The bolt that threads into the blower now came apart from the big bolt that the two 15/16ths bolts are on. Is it supposed to be 2 pieces? Can I just use some lock tight and put it back together? Or should I wait for the replacement piece to come? It screws back in, but only hand tight. So when I screw it into the blower (the opposite direction) it unscrews because it's only hand tight)

bolt1piece-vi.jpg
Pulleybolt2pieces-vi.jpg

My last question, sorry about the lighting of the pic but do I have the tool set up right if I am pressing back on a pulley?
ToolON-vi.jpg

Thanks much, Shane

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Don't know about the first ? you had, but the second pic is of the pulley removal tool. You should have a pulley installation tool as well that looks like a big bolt that threads into the blower snout with a nut on it. I used the BF tool and didn't have any issues.

PoisonSnake

Banned
I don't think that installation tool is needed because I never got one, if you have the BilletFlow pulley puller...you can use the middle of the pulley puller to press it back on just reverse the steps.

Users who are viewing this thread