question about prochambers

o0rikio0o

Established Member
currently i have stock headers with a mac catless hpipe and frpp m55 catback (3" flow through mufflers). this is what it currently sounds like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufR1EFHff64

how will catless prochambers change the sound of it? also, for those with prochambers, do you have scraping problems with speedbumps? how many inches does the prochamber protrude downwards from the exhaust piping?

tjs98gt

Established Member
itll def change the sound, dont know by how much though. no scraping problems when i put it on my car. maybe half inch less ground clearance if i remember correctly

anothersvtguy

Turner of Wrenches
Established Member
Hollow

I had one and liked it, the biggest changes to your exhaust sound will be:

Overall it will make your exhaust slightly quieter but add a cool, hollow, throaty sound to it.

I had no scraping problems(I was lowered about an inch), the lowest point of my exhaust was still the bends in the catback for the IRS where pipes come close to each other just after the mufflers. The actual "chamber" itself was not low at all. The trick is to use wood blocks or cement blocks to position the chamber up high and then tighten everthing down starting from the front. I used hightemp RTV on the leak-prone joint off the header too just incase and never had a leak.

I will see if I can find the video I made of my car with Magnaflows and a Prochamber.

Last edited:

stangkid

Established Member
I have had about every mid pipe on my car at one time or another and i definitely love the sound of my catless prochamber better than all of them my car has H&R SS springs and i haven't had any problems bottoming out.

o0rikio0o

Established Member
thanks for your replies. quieter, cooler, hollower... thats exactly what im going for. i think i will get some prochambers. thanks yall!

tbizzle

Established Member
i think i will get some prochambers.

"prochambers"...? it's just one man, it's replaces your h pipe with a h pipe/xpipe box, called a Prochamber, made by MAC.

your exhaust will be loud, but probably not quite as loud as the h pipe. it will sound a bit more beefy though.

Last edited:

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
is there anything inside the prochamber or is it just a welded box? I have the hooker headers, but I like the sound of the prochamber. The hooker's are wider and it won't line up.

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
thanks for the pics. Sorry to hijack. It looks like it isn't wide open in there, like there is more than just a box that the inlet and outlet pipes are welded to. I was considering making one with my hooker x, but now I'm afraid of riuning it/sounding like ass. Wish I had kept the one that was trashed...

tbizzle

Established Member
is there anything inside the prochamber or is it just a welded box? I have the hooker headers, but I like the sound of the prochamber. The hooker's are wider and it won't line up.

if you went with the prochamber, your car would sound exactly like mine. it sounds beautiful!!

quiet at low rpm's, but still lets you know it's there. and at high rpm's, it sounds perfect, nice and race-like with a beefy tone, no rasp

Charles236

Established Member
I installed a Prochamber on my Mach yesterday, replacing the off-road MRT H-pipe that was on it. The cat-back is Magnaflows, and they sounded good, but had some popping when I decellerated in gear. The Prochamber pretty much eliminated the popping, and the sound is deeper but a little quieter. I lost a little ground clearance, (less than an inch), but it is worth it for the sound quality.

Users who are viewing this thread