Question about possible stolen engine for LEO's ONLY

k_kenley

Established Member
Question about possible stolen engine

Okay, I didn't know until last month that engines have a serial number stamped on them, so to be safe I found the number on my Cobra engine and went to the CHP office yesterday to have it checked. Well, it came back as being part of a stolen Cobra out of Vegas, but the officer said that something looked strange with the numbers, like the car may have a different engine or something like that. Or that the car may have been recovered and never updated in the database by Vegas Metro, so he's going to request the file from Vegas to check on it. I bought it from someone in San Diego, and I know that he got it off of Ebay from someone in Vegas in early 2005 because I saw the auction.

My questions mostly deal with if this ends up still being stolen. I'm already going to load it in a truck and take it down to the station, and I pulled out the contact info for the guy that I got it from, as well as my bank statements and a statement that I'm writing.

How much info can I get on the stolen car (i.e. VIN#, owner, insurance company, case#)? Who do I contact for that info? Is it possible to contact the insurance company to make arrangements to buy the motor back from them? Along the last question, will the motor likely stay local to me, get sent back to Vegas, or get picked up by the insurance company?

I'm going to do what is right, yet I don't want to be completely out $6000. Any help would be awesome. Thanks.

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Let the police do their job. In the end someone will contact you. Most likely the police will get the insurance company in touch with you. Then you can make an arrangement with them.

Users who are viewing this thread