Question about Nitrous kits

cobra199711

Established Member
I have seen a couple float around. The Zex kit. the NX wet kit and a Compucar dry kit. Which one of these would you purchase and why? The most expensive is around 740.00 and the Compucar kit is around 380.00. I have never had a nitrous kit(plenty of blowers though) I will have it installed and tuned properly. thank you

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
honestly its personal preference mostly, Zex kits Hp is rated at the engine and NX at the wheels. compucar? idk. Nitrous kits are really simple in design, only part that really moves is the solenoid. So quality isnt that much of an issue except fittings but almost all name brand kits come with steel braided line and good fittings

I like wet kits better personally. They are easier to tune for the DIYer. Some people say wet kits "hit" harder then dry. Dry you have to worry about a map switch or retuning for nitrous then back when riding around on DD duty.

Supposedly zexs control box hangs up sometimes and needs to reset. Ive never ran a zex kit tho so just rumor to me. Plate kits are nice because no drilling and the plate i know of right now for the 2011 is the nx. it has solenoids attached to the plate so no mounting or drilling, which is nice. Most new plate have multiple nozzles or exits for really good nitrous distro unlike a single nozzle in the intake track.

All in all i wanna run a wet plate system but thats just me. you will get 100 different answers from 100 different people on a question like this.

good luck

ViciousJay

Established Member
honestly its personal preference mostly, Zex kits Hp is rated at the engine and NX at the wheels. compucar? idk. Nitrous kits are really simple in design, only part that really moves is the solenoid. So quality isnt that much of an issue except fittings but almost all name brand kits come with steel braided line and good fittings

I like wet kits better personally. They are easier to tune for the DIYer. Some people say wet kits "hit" harder then dry. Dry you have to worry about a map switch or retuning for nitrous then back when riding around on DD duty.

Supposedly zexs control box hangs up sometimes and needs to reset. Ive never ran a zex kit tho so just rumor to me. Plate kits are nice because no drilling and the plate i know of right now for the 2011 is the nx. it has solenoids attached to the plate so no mounting or drilling, which is nice. Most new plate have multiple nozzles or exits for really good nitrous distro unlike a single nozzle in the intake track.

All in all i wanna run a wet plate system but thats just me. you will get 100 different answers from 100 different people on a question like this.

good luck

:beer: im sold

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
LOL im not sales man but i do know a little bit about nitrous.

with a 150 shot and full bolt ons, it should put the car 530-550 i'd think. Nitrous is the most efficient power adder too. No added back pressure in the exhaust like a turbo, no head unit to spin like a s/c, no compressing of air so it doesnt get hot. it cools intake temps down ALOT because it is expanding AND you can still get great mpg 99% of the time until the rich old guy in a C6 pulls up, hit the remote bottle opener and give him a run for his money!

oh, forgot to mention above earlier, Nitrous makes the flame front travel alot faster because of the extra oxygen so you gotta retard it to compensate. pull 2 degrees for ever 50hp. as a rule of thumb and then you can take it to a tuner if you want it really dialed in.

Only bitch i have is bottle refills and leaks. So when i get a kit for the 5.0 im def getting a spare bottle.

stang1971

Established Member
get the nitrousexpress kit that has the throttle body plate. on my black 2011 m6 i was 12.4 on motor and 11.76 on a 75 shot.

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
get the nitrousexpress kit that has the throttle body plate. on my black 2011 m6 i was 12.4 on motor and 11.76 on a 75 shot.

GD!!!!! how did you route the line from the truck to the car? I was thinking through the sound tube hole with a rubber gourmet, when i get my kit. It will be a bday gift or I'll just go buy one LOL

stang1971

Established Member
GD!!!!! how did you route the line from the truck to the car? I was thinking through the sound tube hole with a rubber gourmet, when i get my kit. It will be a bday gift or I'll just go buy one LOL

that is exactly how i did it... i got some wire loom to put the line in once in the engine bay so it wasnt as easy to see and routed it under the engine cover.

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
that is exactly how i did it... i got some wire loom to put the line in once in the engine bay so it wasnt as easy to see and routed it under the engine cover.

Thats funny we thought the same thing.

Did you route it along the rear seat then under the door sill?

Those are some good numbers. Can knock off some modded F-bodies like that. What else do you have done?

stang1971

Established Member
Thats funny we thought the same thing.

Did you route it along the rear seat then under the door sill?

Those are some good numbers. Can knock off some modded F-bodies like that. What else do you have done?

my black car had steeda cai... magnaflow mufflers... a tune and the 75 shot... only time i used the bottle was at the track so all my street races were on motor only... i never lost to a new camaro... but the faster ones around kc are dyno queens and never get raced.

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
i know what you mean... only ones trying to race here are RSs. i just laugh to myself and agree. lol

what that on stock tires? what was the 60'? did you spray right off the line, window switch, tps?

stang1971

Established Member
i know what you mean... only ones trying to race here are RSs. i just laugh to myself and agree. lol

what that on stock tires? what was the 60'? did you spray right off the line, window switch, tps?
ur gonna hate this answer... my 11.76 run was a 6k launch ON the nitrous with slicks.. the car hooked and took off!!!!!

i did make some nice 1.57 60' launches on the bottle on the dr's too..

i have a progressive/window/tps switch from nitrousoutlet.

i have it set for 100%.... 3k and wot on.. and 6700 off... works perfect... not a single issue or complaint.

stang1971

Established Member
i havent put the nitrous kit on my grabber blue auto yet.... that and the stall will go on this winter and be ready for spring.. im hoping some really low 11's or high 10's

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
Atleast we know the drive train can handle slicks and spraying off the line. I was thinking a 125 on DRs with a progressive controller w/tps and window for traction issues. I had a nos mini but 1 channel on it never worked, so i might try a different brand.

A good stall has always made me think, set the nitrous right below what it flashes too and i bet its easy to launch and just hang on, Your other thread you said a 3500 maybe? that will be SWEET!

Users who are viewing this thread