Question about my ride height...

Nuked

Established Member
So I am trying to get the Mystic squared away and it is sitting MUCH lower then I anticipated it would. Car has Steeda 650lb springs on front and Eibach Prokits on rear. QA1 K-member, control arms in front are stock and the rears are tubular non adjustable. Iso's are in top and bottom all four corners. Does this height look normal for the springs/mods I mentioned? Wheels tires are stock 17" for these pics.

mysticstance2.jpg

mysticstance1.jpg

mysticstance3.jpg

Any help appreciated.

SQ

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
650 lb spring?! Most are in the high 200 range, 300 range. They are normal steeda springs though? What kind? Maybe a link would help.

FICannon

Semper Fidelis
Established Member
You know I thought my mystic was too low and I was going change the springs, I added 18in Saleens and for some reason it looks right now.

But your ride seems lower than mine. Your springs look correct to me though.

a6cd0a06-7c3b-feb8.jpg

Nuked

Established Member
650 lb spring?! Most are in the high 200 range, 300 range. They are normal steeda springs though? What kind? Maybe a link would help.

Steeda Sport Springs for 1979 thru 2004 Ford Mustang 555-8200 555-8201 555-9004

Those are the springs I have on the front of the car.

I got my tires in for the 18" Saleen wheels today. Going to get them mounted tomorow afternoon and hopefully get down to the shop to install. As you can tell in the pics, the camber is way out of adjustment. Will do that and install Saleen's and see how it turns out. I love the way the cars stance looks, however with longtubes and 3" exhaust I fear it will be way too low for driving on the street.

SQ

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Steeda Sport Springs for 1979 thru 2004 Ford Mustang 555-8200 555-8201 555-9004

Those are the springs I have on the front of the car.

I got my tires in for the 18" Saleen wheels today. Going to get them mounted tomorow afternoon and hopefully get down to the shop to install. As you can tell in the pics, the camber is way out of adjustment. Will do that and install Saleen's and see how it turns out. I love the way the cars stance looks, however with longtubes and 3" exhaust I fear it will be way too low for driving on the street.

SQ

My mistake. I was thinking of coil-over spring rates in lb/in. Oops. Still, those springs aren't supposed to lower the car very much.. so yes it seems odd to me.

Nuked

Established Member
Figured I would give a little update....

Pulled the Steeda springs off the front and they are most likely cut. Can't tell for sure but they are definitely the shorter then a set of Sportlines I compared too. We put on a set of Terminator springs to confirm that nothing else was causing height problems and it def raised it up to 4x4 status! Going to try and install a set of Meir springs on the front that we had laying around tonight. Will try and post pics after doing so.

SQ

Nuked

Established Member
Got the car done and home tonight. Ended up using the Meir springs on the front and the pro-kits on the rear. Ride is fairly good, little stiff but I have had worse. Very happy with the stance. Don't mind the dirty and wet car! lol

mystichome2.jpg

mystichome1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread