Question about my recent dyno.

Brucealeg

Established Member
Guys,
I just got my car dynoed and made the following:

395.2 hp
364.1 tq

Mods: Sreeda CAI and Bassani Catback.
The outside temp was 85. I figure in cool weather I'd have broken 400hp, but no matter.

My question is this. Is it normal for the trq to be 30 lower then my HP, given the mods? I thought it would have been higher then the hp. The car has 15K miles.

Thanks for any feedback.

Bruce

The Orphaner

Snake Charmer
Established Member
I think the only guys getting alot bigger torque #'s have a 6# lower pulley. I only have a 2.93 upper and my dyno #'s are in my sig. for reference. HP and Torque peak #'s are close to the same, but across the graph the Torque is almost straight across while the HP is steadily climbing.:beer:

Brucealeg

Established Member
I just have the stock pulley. I know that a bigger pulley will raise my trq. I just thought that at stock the hp and trq numbers would be closer, then they are. My trq curve looked like a stright line. and I was real happy with that.

Bruce

Black306

Established Member
Your numbers are similar to mine and that's what I've noticed on our cars (torque to be significantly lower than HP without pulleys).

attachment.php

DYNORUN.004 with with a Steeda CAI and Dynomax 3" Ultraflows.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
The TQ will not be more then the HP unless you pulley the blower. By doing so you are making more boost down low to give you more TQ. Your #s seem good for your mods.

Brucealeg

Established Member
Thanks guys. I looked around and my numbers seem correct to me now.

Black306, bet my numbers would have been dead on with yours had it not been so hot out. Not sure what temp it was when you ran, but I ran when it's 85 out. No biggie as I live in the south and those were probably pretty real world numbers.

I love our trq curve. One big stright line accross the chart. That's pretty cool.

Bruce

Users who are viewing this thread